Replacing neck HB w. P90 in a Les Paul, wiring Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing neck HB w. P90 in a Les Paul, wiring Q

Hi, I'm in the middle of winding a P90 that is going into a std. Les Paul w. humbuckers. The P90 is going into the neck position. I'm not quite sure which direction of winding and what magnet polarity I should use for the P90 to make it work perfectly w. the humbucker. Should I go counter clock wise south/north or CW. The P90 will go w. a chrome cap so I want to make sure the chrome cap is going to be ground. Any pointer or schematic is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    P.S. The magnets are currently magnetized south direction on the P90 chassis

You probably need to orientate your magnets North Up & most of the modern Gibson P90's i've seen has the finish (white wire) going to ground & the start wire used as hot , with the bobbin wound upside down . confused yet ?
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

It depends on what you determine what CCW wound is ,which is if the is bobbin top facing & wound spinning clockwise ,then the coil is wound Counter clock wise . Also how do you determine you need South up magnet in the pickup ? Most humbuckers on the market use the same as Gibson South up screw coil . if your using a compass to determine the magnet polarity then the Red end of the Needle will point towards the South coil .
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Yepp, that's right. I usually refer to how the wire itself is wound when looking at the coil from above (Vertically) So in my case the machine is spinning clockwise and consequently the wire is applied CCW. And as for the magnet polarity, yes I also consider the screw side of HB as south. So again my recent P90 is spun CCW (Wire) w. magnets south up. Thanks for your feed back

Comment

Working...
        X