Odd pot values in a P-bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd pot values in a P-bass

I'm redoing the electronics in a friend's bass. It's a Fender MIM Squier P-bass. I don't know that either pot that was in it was original, but it had a audio taper 500k for volume, and linear taper 100k for tone. From what I have read on P bass pots 500k pots sometimes make them a bit harsh sounding, but having only a 100k pot on the tone seems like the tone cap is always going to be pulling off some highs. Do these two things cancel each other out? I was going to put standard 250k/250k but Amazon screwed up the order twice already so now I'm wondering if I should try to put back what was in there. FWIW the friend isn't a bass player and probably won't notice any subtle differences.

Originally posted by glebert View Post
    Do these two things cancel each other out?
    I'd say they pretty well do.

the friend isn't a bass player and probably won't notice any subtle differences.
    "If it SOUNDS good, it IS good!" My vote is to leave well enough alone. Especially when Amazon can't get your order right... maybe there's a kozmik message in that. What's the message? Reread the beginning of this paragraph.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
    X