Anodizing guitar parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anodizing guitar parts

I had good success the other day with anodizing an aluminium alloy part I'd machined up for my Espresso Machine. It took about 20 minutes to set up the bath from scratch using chemicals and materials I already had. I didn't need to dye the part but this can be done between anodizing and final sealing of the pores to give a commercial finish. Old anodizing can be stripped and re-done. So it opens up new possibilities for restoration work and making new parts for guitars and amps. The process is so easy and i wish I'd understood this forty years ago. Plenty of how-to instructions on the web as well as online calculators for current density etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210720_133215.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	937206

Hey!!! Cool!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
    Both on the anodizing and on the machining!!!!!!
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Very cool!............ and nice work.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

You mean i may find a use for the 88lb. Hewlett Packard 0-40v/30a power supplies i have?

Comment

You could build a decent size anodizing bath with that - current density is 6A per square foot of surface area.

I've been looking to build an induction heater and 40V@30A would be just fine for a bolt-buster or for localized heating of ferrous parts.

Comment

Working...
          X