Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another odd hinged guitar

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg...394267299.html

lots of piano hinges, raw figured wood with straight cuts, LEDs and LED lighted skateboards wheels...the whole thing folds into a bulky "portable mode" but the wheels might not work(?) wants $5k...I hope others find it alluring, but I don't think I do...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_56584.jpg Views:	3 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	943473 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_56585.jpg Views:	3 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	943474 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_56586.jpg Views:	3 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	943475 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_56587.jpg Views:	5 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	943476

And you stand on it and ride it across the stage??!! Is that a thing, now?
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

They should have made a removeable cover for the top. You could use the guitar as a cart to roll you amp into the venue.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

the shot from the underside shows the thing won't be folding without removing the 4 wheel piece.. it does get smaller in one dimension than any other double neck, so maybe its "case" can be a golf or duffle bag? This is why design requirements need wide vetting and iterative hashing out at work..."Hey everybody I solved that problem that literally no one else saw as such!"

Comment

yet another:
          https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg...400125418.html

notice how it looks old although made very recently, sanded across the grain, inlays sunk below the wood surface and like dings unfilled. Its like they're made with a table saw alone. Ad copy shows builder to be fellow named Mark Evan Barry. He apparently plays too, I'd love to see him play one of his own creations...
          He does use SKB lighting cases to move them, but at $5-7K where I have no idea...

These undoubtedly represent an inspired design, fulfilled as a labor of love and not for everyone!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	yech.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	944352

add copy:
          35 in bass 25.5 in guitar 17 in Mandola altogether 18 bronze strings 3 Fishman matrix infinity preamps and bridges 3 Tesi kill switches that change from green to red ...all gold jumbo fret wire and brass position holders multi-faceted position markers purple heart Wood throughout this guitar has three necks and two wingtips that fold up into a rosetta shaped cross section however longitudinally it is a spiral pentagon. This triple neck guitar transforms from a rocket to a re-entry landing shape 16 inch radius plane with wheels the case and the amplifier are included the amplifier has three separate preamps and is a keyboard amp so matching this guitar to that amp is excellent also notice that there are three maroon colored 20 ft Fender patch cords that are have gold-plated ends the patch cords alone were $53 a piece and there's three of them the SKB lighting case is 4 ft long and 10 inches in diameter wrapped in red velvet she is good to transport and guaranteed for life by the Builder Mark Evan Barry.....all Rights reserved regarding the design and intellectual property information ...however the Fishman preamps and pickups were installed by Rex from Rex Guitar works a certified Fishman installer.

The back is busier than previous model, and he does own a hand held belt sander to smooth all those straight line:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	yech2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	944353
          Last edited by tedmich; 10-29-2021, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X