Ultimate practice rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate practice rig

My goal here is to integrate as many functions into a custom headless guitar that I’ll build myself. I’d like to be able to grab one thing and be able to truly practice. To me this means being amplified and have access to as many basic tone functions as possible. I’d like to integrate a small 3” speaker or two into this guitar body and be able to tap into some overdrive with adjustable gain to practice those harmonics and I think some reverb and what not would be cool too. I’ve got the amp portion figured out (lm386 style) but I’m having trouble locating some resources to help me with adjustable gain and reverb. I know I could buy a cheap pedal and take the guts out but they’re so bulky already. Anyone know of a way I could use some smaller components to make this happen? Also I’m not an electrical engineer but I can solder a few parts together. If anyone wants to seriously help out I’d consider making multiple guitar bodies on my CNC…attach fretboard of your choice and you’d be set

Originally posted by Pilotguitar View Post
    My goal here is to integrate as many functions into a custom headless guitar that I’ll build myself. I’d like to be able to grab one thing and be able to truly practice. To me this means being amplified and have access to as many basic tone functions as possible. I’d like to integrate a small 3” speaker or two into this guitar body and be able to tap into some overdrive with adjustable gain to practice those harmonics and I think some reverb and what not would be cool too. I’ve got the amp portion figured out (lm386 style) but I’m having trouble locating some resources to help me with adjustable gain and reverb. I know I could buy a cheap pedal and take the guts out but they’re so bulky already. Anyone know of a way I could use some smaller components to make this happen? Also I’m not an electrical engineer but I can solder a few parts together. If anyone wants to seriously help out I’d consider making multiple guitar bodies on my CNC…attach fretboard of your choice and you’d be set
    Buy a headphone amp and build it into your guitar body. Use your LM386 to amplify the headphone output.

Comment

Working...
    X