Help value my axes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help value my axes!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1A3E60C0-590A-4BE5-9802-F4DCA4B02039.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	965164 Click image for larger version  Name:	31217511-BE71-45E7-B2D4-28543B15DE91.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	965166 Click image for larger version  Name:	BA6B9EEA-CD2E-47D5-86F7-F88DBA53A038.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	965165 Click image for larger version  Name:	678FA4E3-0704-4BFC-99A2-08E3F686C223.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	965167 Click image for larger version  Name:	2415568B-FCB1-4597-84E1-57613A4B31B7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.5 KB ID:	965168 Click image for larger version  Name:	8A54208C-BEA9-46C8-BF4B-E5D8E62D8046.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	965170 Click image for larger version  Name:	19CF4EE2-4CA3-4432-897F-1A1DF26738D6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	965169 Click image for larger version  Name:	D5FFF7FB-41F0-46ED-AB60-04B610B45BBA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	965172 Click image for larger version  Name:	423F5C77-9298-47A8-A9AE-C968B57AAD4D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	965173

Well, not mine but I said I'd try helping a friend of my Ma's.. whose daughter has them, her father's who recently passing away.

No 1959 gibsons I'm afraid! Mex, & Korean mainly. From best to least, I think..

1. Epiphone " 335 type " light brown. Korea.
    2. Fender strat. Mexico.
    3. Epiphone 12 string. Korea.
    4. Epiphone 6 string dreadnought. Korea.
    5. Squier tele. Japan. No main pic of it/ will try.

Very grateful for any help. SC
    Attached Files

Just do an ebay search for those models, check the ‘completed items’ filter to see what price they actually sold for.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
      Just do an ebay search for those models, check the ‘completed items’ filter to see what price they actually sold for.
      Yup good idea for the two acoustics, will do thanks.

But the first " 335" thing? Nothing bar this serial number. And the strat types are so many, even from mexico, that a serial number only gets me a date.. it really needs someone with experience to guage from the photo I'd suggest.

I never knew squiers were even made in japan too. I can google these two words tho of course.

Anyway if anyone recognises the models they might have a better idea.

Thanks, SC

Comment

It will depend on if they want to sell locally or ship. If they don't know much about guitars either can be dicey. I actually find the best option is consigning in a higher end shop if they do that in your area. They can help set prices and they deal with tire kickers and lowballers. I find they can often get higher prices which offset the consignment fees.

Regarding values I don't even know anymore. Mex strats used to be $300 then they were going for $600 and now I am seeing them for $350 ish again. Obviously condition and features factor in.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
          It will depend on if they want to sell locally or ship. If they don't know much about guitars either can be dicey. I actually find the best option is consigning in a higher end shop if they do that in your area. They can help set prices and they deal with tire kickers and lowballers. I find they can often get higher prices which offset the consignment fees.

Regarding values I don't even know anymore. Mex strats used to be $300 then they were going for $600 and now I am seeing them for $350 ish again. Obviously condition and features factor in.
          Hi glebert, that's all sensible advice appreciated. I mean it could be simplest to tell her" just put each on ebay, 99p start, do 10 pics each".

Tire kickers & lowballers.. so groovy I don't know what it means/ far too cool for us in uk, but you sound like Tom Waits giving advice. Maybe you -are- him.

Thanks, SC

Comment

Probably about $1500 for all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post

Tire kickers & lowballers.. so groovy I don't know what it means/ far too cool for us in uk, but you sound like Tom Waits giving advice. Maybe you -are- him.
              Tire kicker = someone who wants to try something out but isn't ever going to buy it (from guys hanging out on auto sale lots and asking lots of questions and "kicking the tires.")
              Low baller = someone who offers you much less than you are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_L View Post
                Probably about $1500 for all of it.
                Hi Greg over here. Interesting, not far off what I have in fact tried to value myself (£1350, $1620) so I'll send her the mean of the two. Prolly worth a bit more over here maybe. Useful- thanks, SC

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post

Tire kicker = someone who wants to try something out but isn't ever going to buy it (from guys hanging out on auto sale lots and asking lots of questions and "kicking the tires.")
                  Low baller = someone who offers you much less than you are asking.
                  I think I'd heard lowballers before/ easier to get, but not tire kickers! That's a great one. Tyre kickers here tho of course.

SC

Comment

Now I need to write a song in the style of Tom Waits titled "Tirekickers and Lowballers." Or maybe just add a verse to "Eggs and Sausage" which is one of my favorites.

Comment

That's great help chaps, I can sign off this thread now. Actually it seems appropriate to end with Tom Traubert's Blues, for glebert

Thanks y'all. SC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBc6l8ykMBE

Comment

Working...
                      X