Figuring correct wiring epi to switchcraft 3 toggle switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figuring correct wiring epi to switchcraft 3 toggle switch

Just purchase a new short switchcraft toggle switch to replace the stock epi switch on my epiphone les paul classic 2021. Which wire goes where? Last picture is the epi switch but it seems different on the switchcraft. Can some one point out which wire goes where?
    Attached Files

Basically the same switch. You have photos of switch orientation and wire colors. Do it the same.

This, as far as I can tell.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Is not the same switch. I wired it the same and it doesnt work.

Comment

Use your meter to see which contacts are which. There will be a center common that probably goes to the jack and 2 contacts that switch to the common- one for each pickup. Probably also a ground for the switch body- which should be obvious.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it helps, you really only need to swap the center connections at either end. One end has three leads connected and the other has one lead connected on both switches. Swap the center connection of the three lead end with the lead at the one lead end for the new switch.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

You mean the ground wire to the center right of the switchcraft terminal and the white hot wire to the left? As shown in the pic?
            Attached Files

Comment

Yep. Just as you have it marked.

Comment

thanks. I guess this video illustrates it better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_-Yuaw06sE

Comment

Better than I just explained it? Absurd!!!

Just kidding. Yes. Like the video too.

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                      Yep. Just as you have it marked.
                      Well i wired and soldered it. Not so perfect finish but its working.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jquijano View Post

Well i wired and soldered it. Not so perfect finish but its working.
                        If by "Not so perfect finish" you're talking about the appearance (?) don't worry about it. It's under a plate that's screwed down. Circuits are designed to function. Not look pretty.

If there is still a problem with function then there's still work to do.

Comment

Working...
                        X