Reflex Red Active pickup surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflex Red Active pickup surgery

I have a half alive pickup. It's a Reflex Reds series humbucker, similar to EMG, encased in plastic and epoxy resin. There are 4 leads coming out of one of the conductor cables, and there must be some break because I cannot get the full humbucker t sound. I know the wiring because I have the schematic, and the Yellow to Red coil is dead. The White to Black coil is alive.
    I want to know how can I revive the dead coil? I want to take it apart but it seems like it would destroy the outer casing. I have my own casing I could repot but I don't want to do that.
    I don't understand electronically what is going on..

When I read from Yellow to Blue (output), I get 449 ohms.
    Also...
    When I measure White to Bare, I get 449 ohms.

When I measure White to Black, I get 334 ohms
    When I measure Black to Bare, I get 115 ohms

But when I measure yellow to Red, Black, or white, I get 0 ohms

In the normal working condition, I believe the black and red are series link. The White is Start (North) and the yellow is Start (South)

The the top 4 conductor cable has the Blue output with Bare wire
    The bottom 4 conductor cable has the Yellow, Red, Black, and White cable.

I would love to get this to work again..But I don't know how.
    Thanks,
    Glen

The problem as I see it is getting the epoxy off of the windings.
    For sure you need to rewind it.

Comment

Hi Glen

Where are you in the world? I found a reflex humbucker in a drawer in my workshop with an extra plastic box (I think it went with it, i've had it for years) if you want it pm with your details and i'll send both to you. The pups got a brass plate on the back with some hand engraved stuff on it (I'll be in the workshop tomorrow if you need some photos)
      Cheers
      Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X