Tele Neck covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele Neck covers

What are most of you guys using for Tele neck pickup covers- Source? I dont want the chromed brass crap. I know some of you have them made and I cant afford that. Thanks everyone.......

Hello,
    I got mine bare (unplated)from Mojo.I do not like the copper-plating wich is comon under the Nickle-Plating.So I use the bare unplated covers and get the nickel direct onto the nickle-silver-cover.
    cheers
    db

Comment

THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
        Hello,
        I got mine bare (unplated)from Mojo.I do not like the copper-plating wich is comon under the Nickle-Plating.So I use the bare unplated covers and get the nickel direct onto the nickle-silver-cover.
        cheers
        db
        I'm curious to know what sort of finish you're getting. Those covers look like the unplated AllParts humbucker covers which would require a copper layer to get a smooth base for nickel plateing. How's it done?
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

I use the Mojo tele raw nickel silver covers, I just polish them on a wheel using Fabulustre, it puts a real nice polish on the metal that looks plated when you're done....
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
            I use the Mojo tele raw nickel silver covers, I just polish them on a wheel using Fabulustre, it puts a real nice polish on the metal that looks plated when you're done....
            I think you get those because you just like to polish things. When the summer rolls around you can polish my car if you want.

Greg

Comment

You have to put some PAINT on it first Greg. Its hard to polish rust :-)
              http://www.SDpickups.com
              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Hehehe...good one
                -Stan
                ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                Stan Hinesley Pickups
                FaceBook

Comment

That just means you have to work a little harder at it!

Comment

Working...
                  X