Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Patent Numbers?

I'm curious...

How do you guys find out about patent numbers? I was rummaging around in the old posts and noticed that some of you can quote patent numbers, like
    Fender's wax potting is pat. 4,885,970.

Is there some kind of master patent number reference list out there?

Thank you,
    Ken
    www.angeltone.com

here you go:

http://pickupedia.info/Patents

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
      Is there some kind of master patent number reference list out there?
      Yes.

If you find a patent that isn't in the pickupedia list,
      just mention it and someone will add it in.

-drh
      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Thank you for the info, it's a big help.

Ken
        www.angeltone.com

Comment

Patent Number 2737842

Hi,
          I am new to this site, so please bare with me, I hope i am in the right place for what I am trying to find out. I have a 67 Telecaster with a pickup which was added on. In trying to find out what type of pickup this was, all I could find written on the underside of the pickup was the patent number 2737842. I have traced the patent number to March 13 1956, L.W. Polfuss Bridge and Tail piece for a stringed instrument, however it doesn't provide any specific information about the pickup, it is a broad patent for the Tail piece and Bridge. Does anyone know how I might find out what kind of pickup this might be?
          Thanks, I hope I am in the right place, if not, please excuse me, I am new to this site and I am trying to find my way around.
          Rick Albert

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Albert View Post
            Hi,
            I am new to this site, so please bare with me, I hope i am in the right place for what I am trying to find out. I have a 67 Telecaster with a pickup which was added on. In trying to find out what type of pickup this was, all I could find written on the underside of the pickup was the patent number 2737842. I have traced the patent number to March 13 1956, L.W. Polfuss Bridge and Tail piece for a stringed instrument...
            That's a Gibson humbucker. Gibson didn't put the real patent number for the humbucking pickup on, instead they used Les Paul's (Lester Polfuss) trapeze bridge.

Now you have to give more details to see exactly which Gibson humbucker it is. Is the number on a decal or stamped in the base plate?
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
            X