Spot the deliberate mistake(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenfingers View Post
    It looks like a clockwise wind, which would be wrong. looks like the spent a lot of money to get nowhere near an original.
    It's an Abhoriginal !
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

I really like how he keeps saying "Flush Pole Pieces". Well, the A is. "The winning bidder will be transported back to 1959 to see first hand what a 1959 Esquire Pickup looks like new and get the added bonus of what it sounded like as well." Then we'll bring them back and show them this!

Maybe it's just me, but I get anal glaucoma (I can't see my ass shipping this) about the looks of my pickups.
      www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
        It's an Abhoriginal !
        nice. Sounds like Australian pickup?. It sure looks like Mick Dundee's knife has been used on the bottom of that baseplate.
        Last edited by greenfingers; 12-17-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Why is the ground wire on the LEFT?
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
            Come on David. Are you telling me you never sent off for these ?

[ATTACH]3835[/ATTACH]
            I used to have those as a kid!
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by chevalij View Post
              I really like how he keeps saying "Flush Pole Pieces". Well, the A is. "The winning bidder will be transported back to 1959 to see first hand what a 1959 Esquire Pickup looks like new and get the added bonus of what it sounded like as well." Then we'll bring them back and show them this!
              No, you missed the best part! This is NOT a copy of a real 1959 Esquire pickup... this is a copy of the Fender Custom Shop REISSUE! Apparently they are saying people are stupid enough to have made those REISSUE pickups worth thousands of dollars, so this is a COPY OF A COPY!

That's why they said they bought a relic. They paid thousands of dollars for a piss poor copy made by Fender so they could copy it!

So it was the custom shop that got it wrong, and this joker is just copying the incorrect copy. He would have been better off buying one of Don's pickups and copying that (or a Duncan or Stich copy).

This reminds me of some of the Gibson LP reissues where they didn't have a real guitar to copy, so they went from photos, and got the curves all wrong!

The wrong people are running these companies.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Illusion pickups. Absolutely spot on name.
                www.tonefordays.com

Comment

Originally posted by J S Moore View Post
                  Illusion pickups. Absolutely spot on name.
                  You may actually think it's a real pickup!
                  www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

The wire angle at the hookup looks like to me the white wire is the end of the wind and the black is the start. Also I bet you can put a meter on 1 wire and 1 on the magnets on the ends and get a reading. Look at the top almost coming off the end magnets. I'd love to see the coil with no wrapping of the string on it If I had a spare 45.00 i'd buy it and take it apart step by step and take pictures and post them here.

Comment

How about a collection to buy one? I've got $5.00.

ken
                      www.angeltone.com

Comment

I would hope they bought the whole guitar for 'thousands' and not just a RI pickup.

Last year I put a large ball of string in a pine cupboard to keep it away from Number 1 son. I forgot all about it but found it last week. It's gone a straw colour all the way through. I'm wondering if it's turned colour as a result of being in a warm pine environment. In any case, another batch is in that cupboard now.
                        They mature whisky in wooden barrels...maybe this is just maturing string. Were your cupboards previously used to mature some cheap, shitty string first? If not then...well you probably know where that's going. I'll have the 18yr...smoky and peaty as you can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattT View Post
                          I would hope they bought the whole guitar for 'thousands' and not just a RI pickup.
                          You would hope so but...

Let us first start off by saying how extremely rare the 1959 Esquire Relic Tele Bridge pickup is. Fender custom shop Reissued only 100 of the 1959 Esquire Relic LTD Tele guitar. Out of those 100 guitars you might find a hand full that have stripped them for parts. The point is if you ever come across a 1959 Esquire Tele Bridge pickup you better open your wallet wide because you are not the only one looking for them.We bought an original 1959 Esquire Relic Tele Bridge [pickup] for a couple for thousand for reference.
                          Morons!

I guess if they ever came across a real 1959 Esquire Tele Bridge pickup they wouldn't know it from the "relic" copy!

I think the whole vintage and pseudo vintage guitar collectors market is just appalling. They have artificially inflated the prices of not only the real thing, but these dumb reissues.

Greed rules the world.

Comment

Notably lacking in that story is the monetary unit of which they paid "a couple of thousand" - maybe dongs?

Comment

Originally posted by MattT View Post

They mature whisky in wooden barrels...maybe this is just maturing string. Were your cupboards previously used to mature some cheap, shitty string first? If not then...well you probably know where that's going. I'll have the 18yr...smoky and peaty as you can get it.
                              Cripes, there were all sorts of things maturing in there. Still having nightmares about it.
                              sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post
                                Notably lacking in that story is the monetary unit of which they paid "a couple of thousand" - maybe dongs?
                                It's all starting to make sense now. All the fakes come from England and the pound's not worth a wank anymore.
                                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
                                X