No announcement yet.

free pickup winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too called about this setup as I live nearby and really wanted it. I suspect it was an elaborate advertisement. I will explain:

I emailed and that afternoon received an email that everything was sold to a gentleman that came with $800 less than an hour after the ad went up. I was told the son may have more winding machines laying around that dad didn't know about. He was going to be home for the holidays and dad would ask for me.

Initially I was using an email account I have for registering forums and other uses that are likely to generate spam. Seamlessly between notes I switched to another personal email account without letting him know.

Two days after initial contact I receive to both accounts an offer for his son to build me a winding machine for $500. He could add all sorts of features at an additional upcharge. Dad states "You wont be able to find a winder on the market as nice as his for the price". The email was mass emailed to several people and was typed up generic with no personal names.

Comment

Wow. Pretty clever. However, those types of shenanigans always come back to bite the person in the ass.
      www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

I'd buy a winder like the ones in those photos for $500.

I thought the whole thing seemed odd... the son had two winders in good shape and the wife wanted them gone? For free? Either it was a ploy, or there was some serious drama in that family!

I had also emailed him, but I didn't get any of those emails back.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

There's a goodly difference between $500 and Free. They might be barking up the wrong tree with your average pickup-winder-dude.
          Very clever bait and switch ploy. How come I can never think that way?

Comment

Because maybe you're honest?

Comment

Originally posted by anderekel View Post
              Because maybe you're honest?
              Exactly. I'm quite sure David has a conscience.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

The way the email read is he would build me a simple winder for $500. Add ons would be extra. So a winder like in the photograph would be more expensive. How much, I don't know because I never inquired.

Comment

Working...
                X