Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't boutique pickup makers have more Japanese customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    Why is that? Montreux does his transactions with Paypal, and I sold a guitar once on eBay to someone in Japan. The Yen is one of the accepted currencies on PayPal.
    You can use paypal with Japan but I don't believe they have an interface that would give instructions for payment in Japanese if you sent a customer in Japan a PayPal invoice or if they wanted to use your paypal shopping cart. Just as an example there is an Italian PayPal site but no PayPal site in Japanese. Seems like a big omission considering the size of the market. Also PayPal was not widely accepted as a method of payment a couple of years ago in Japan but maybe that has changed. But without a PayPal site in Japanese I doubt it. Ebay has claimed for years that they would have a workable site up soon in Japan but have never done it.
    They don't make them like they used to... We do.
    www.throbak.com
    Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Originally posted by JGundry View Post
      You can use paypal with Japan but I don't believe they have an interface that would give instructions for payment in Japanese if you sent a customer in Japan a PayPal invoice or if they wanted to use your paypal shopping cart. Just as an example there is an Italian PayPal site but no PayPal site in Japanese. Seems like a big omission considering the size of the market. Also PayPal was not widely accepted as a method of payment a couple of years ago in Japan but maybe that has changed. But without a PayPal site in Japanese I doubt it. Ebay has claimed for years that they would have a workable site up soon in Japan but have never done it.
      OK that makes sense. I guess since my website is not in Japanese that's a moot point anyway.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
      X