No announcement yet.

Motor City Blister Bucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people are confusing the name in reviews I can see that would be a problem for sure.
    They don't make them like they used to... We do.
    www.throbak.com
    Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Originally posted by JGundry View Post
      If people are confusing the name in reviews I can see that would be a problem for sure.
      No, i think the confusion would be the spelling....Yada yada- WHo cares

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
        I was trying to name my bass pickups, and had cool ideas, and invariably I'd find some company having nothing to do with pickups using the name.
        I'm not a lawyer (or even very smart) but I've always heard that the possibility to cause confusion is the main thing behind trademark law; the peaceful coexistence of BurstBucker pickups and BurstBucker-brand rodeo apparel should be possible.

As to the OP, I can see getting ticked if someone rips one of your names up but we're all working in a relatively small sample space and accidents do happen. On the other hand, complaining about "bliss" when you have "blister" just seems like you're being a dick and karmically inviting the owner of an earlier Bl*Bucker trademark to start causing you problems.

Comment

Strawberrys and whipcream...

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post
          Well, even if Wade's calling them BlissBuckers, he certainly has enough customers who've confused the name with BlisterBucker to call them by Wolfe's name in reviews on Harmony Central, Youtube, VintageAmps, etc. I'm not a lawyer, yadda yadda, but if the threshold for action is having a name similar enough to confuse one's product name with another's, I'd think long and hard before digging in my heels on something like this.

edit - Whats' also apparent from the few postings I've seen via search is that the vast majority of these reviewers associate this product with MCP, so they'd know where to go to ask for the product, whatever it's called.
          The "Bliss" Bucker I sell is a Paf design and is no where near Wolfs Blister pickup. Immpossible to mistake the 2- Two totally different designs- Its never been mistaken for a "Wolftone Blister"....**I never seen a review for the Wolftone Blister Bucker on Harmony central either..Its not in his list, but that does'nt mean he does not make it-
          I called Wolf...Super laid back conversation. SHort and sweet. I actually just called him again to thank him for the casual conversation and caught him befor he went out to dinner. This becomes a super easy situation with the write conversation....

Comment

Originally posted by mbetter View Post
            I'm not a lawyer (or even very smart) but I've always heard that the possibility to cause confusion is the main thing behind trademark law; the peaceful coexistence of BurstBucker pickups and BurstBucker-brand rodeo apparel should be possible.

As to the OP, I can see getting ticked if someone rips one of your names up but we're all working in a relatively small sample space and accidents do happen. On the other hand, complaining about "bliss" when you have "blister" just seems like you're being a dick and karmically inviting the owner of an earlier Bl*Bucker trademark to start causing you problems.
            I think Wolfe is a little sensitive to being ripped off, and rightfully so, because it has happened before to him with his Dr. Vintage pickups. It is better to be overzealous than being too meek when you're in business for yourself. Also, please don't go around calling people a dick.....we don't need that here.....

Greg

Comment

Greg, you're a dick. When are you going to return my 1957 Duosonic and my vintage JMTM45 and the $2.35 you owe me :-)
              http://www.SDpickups.com
              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by soundmasterg View Post
                don't go around calling people a dick.
                Originally posted by Possum View Post
                you're a dick.

Hmmm.

Howzabout the AnnCoulter-Bucker or the Cheney-Bucker?

-drh
                "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                  Greg, you're a dick. When are you going to return my 1957 Duosonic and my vintage JMTM45 and the $2.35 you owe me :-)

As if you'd ever play a Duo Sonic and a JTM 45...now thats tone right there...ha! Stick with your PAF's and stop causing trouble......

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                    Hmmm.

Howzabout the AnnCoulter-Bucker or the Cheney-Bucker?

-drh
                    shit!!! You had to go there Sal. If you're going to do both of those ass-hats, you might as well do the BushBucker... see... now look what you did.

I'm sure that one will sell like hotcakes ...and it's guaranteed to fail.

sorry in advance for offending anyone.
                    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
                      shit!!! You had to go there Sal. If you're going to do both of those ass-hats, you might as well do the BushBucker... see... now look what you did.

I'm sure that one will sell like hotcakes ...and it's guaranteed to fail.

sorry in advance for offending anyone.
                      Or maybe the Obama-Bucker, complete with fancy packaging, great promises, but they just don't work when you finally get them in there....

Comment

The hell with all these newer presidential pickup designs.

I'm going for vintage...really vintage.

WashingtonBucker, JeffersonBucker, and of course the LincolnBucker.
                        www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Why did you have to mention Bush, I was just about to eat now I feel like going to Guantanamo for a vacation
                          Greg you're still a dick. Whats a PAF? Purely Awful Fart?
                          http://www.SDpickups.com
                          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Manlius View Post
                            ...but they just don't work when you finally get them in there....
                            No, that's the BushBucker. Plus it dumbs down your guitar so after 8 years you forget how to play.
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                              No, that's the BushBucker. Plus it dumbs down your guitar so after 8 years you forget how to play.

Yeah, that was a typo on my part... the obama-bucker works, but you have to put a quarter in the slot everytime you want to play your guitar, and then only with a tele-prompter in front of you will it give a decent melody...

It also sucks that the obama-buckers sleek packaging, complete with roman columns, promised such great tone, but only gave an incredibly hollow performance

Comment

Originally posted by Manlius View Post
                                Yeah, that was a typo on my part... yadda yadda yadda
                                No that's still the BushBucker.

What exactly did that idiot do in eight years besides run the country into the ground and sign bills to take away your rights? Nothing.

But you want to make excuses for him? I guess you don't like colored people, huh? Maybe you wanted that angry old man and the moron VP? Nice!

Run along now.
                                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                                X