No announcement yet.

Thoughts on using a magnetizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a look at my Certificate of Calibration, Carlsen-Melton recommends that the unit be calibrated every two years. I'll quote below how they calibrate it from what is stated in the cert.

"The method used was transfer calibration. Magnetic field readings from the above instrument were compared to magnetic reading from a reference Hall-effect probe and Gaussmeter with a peak field region of a permanent magnet. The reference instrument was a model 421 Gaussmeter and model MNT-4E04-VH probe manufactured by Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc.

The reference Hall probe and gaussmeter are periodically recalibrated and recertified by original manufacturer. The manufacturer states calibration traceability to NIST for the NMR gaussmeter by means of a frequency standard."

Oh, I forgot to mention that they provide the cert for an additional $25.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Thanks for the good info.

I'm just thinking out loud here. Why not put spacers between the jaws of the magnetizer and the bar or poles so that instead of magnetizing fully and then demagnetizing back to where you want it, you just charge up to where you want to be? Assuming some trial and error to dial in the right spacer thickness.

Comment

Working...
      X