Dumb Ass Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Ass Forum

No, not this one. I got an email asking me to spend more time on the Telecaster Master's forum otherwize, lack of mine and other's support would send it down the tubes.
    I hadn't had a look at that for a while, so I did and found it to be a Don Mare Appreciation Society. I wrote a post asking why these guys send new pickups to him to rewind in the certain knowledge that he can't make a pickup himself and I had my account suspended.
    Like, whatever.....dumb ass Don. Looks like he's already forgotton who sent him a ball of that elusive string for his Roy Wraps that he just couldn't get hold of.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

I've heard all kinds of stories like this about Don Mare. I have no idea why he needs to have people feed his ego so much. Its sad in a way. I never bothered to go to that site after I heard how things were there.

Comment

whats that noise

its a sucking sound..... Oh thats just dons ego feeding again....

Comment

You know, Queers need a pat on the shoulder too, letting them know its ok to come out of the closet. Thats ruthless shit....help someone out, and get stabbed in the back?????WTF???
        Has anyone seen his work??

Comment

That name rang a bell - I'd seen it recently and don't remember where, so I Googled a bit.

I don't know anything about the guy, but I hope he winds pickups better than he spells.

Comment

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
            You know, Queers need a pat on the shoulder too, letting them know its ok to come out of the closet. Thats ruthless shit....help someone out, and get stabbed in the back?????WTF???
            Has anyone seen his work??
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Don Mare's tele wrap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	810512

Nice work Don.

Well there you have it. But to be fair this guy's talked a lot of people into trying his stuff. I particularly liked the one where you have a huge bulge in the middle of the bobbin which apparently gives you more mid range.
            He'll probably be a millionaire this time next year and then we'll all be feeling like shit.
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

This is the guy that 'nailed Nancy'?

Wait...that didn't come out right.

Comment

Working...
              X