Base plate material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will do some testing a little later tonight if i get time

here's a copper baseplate i just made from a piece of copper pipe .its a little rough but it only for a test i will be comparing with a mojo nickel baseplate
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Hey! that looks like fun! it will be great to know how it works out...
      Hari Ossa
      http://www.hariossa.com

Comment

i had a pickup in my guitar i was testing, its around 16k humbucker & i have not got around to potting it yet
        but i swapped the nickel baseplate for the copper plate that i made earlier
        it don't sound bad .there is allot of similarities to nickel maybe a little darker ,but not dull like a brass baseplate that i was playing with a while back
        just a brief 10 minute test run . i will have to try it in a something around 8k
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          i had a pickup in my guitar i was testing, its around 16k humbucker & i have not got around to potting it yet
          but i swapped the nickel baseplate for the copper plate that i made earlier
          it don't sound bad .there is allot of similarities to nickel maybe a little darker ,but not dull like a brass baseplate that i was playing with a while back
          just a brief 10 minute test run . i will have to try it in a something around 8k
          Try it with some 7.2-7.5K first... baseplate alloy is more important in the neck slot than in the bridge, due to the IMO (lesser) harmonic content.
          Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
          Milano, Italy

Comment

very interesting! it would be nice compare it to a brass one too.
            So, solid copper is a viable option too, did you make any recordings?
            Hari Ossa
            http://www.hariossa.com

Comment

Working...
            X