Alnico Magnet grades . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soundmasterg View Post
    Maybe you could consider offering magnets that people would use for pickups Ted? With your great customer service I bet quite a few people would come your way......

Greg
    Sure, I'd be happy quote on anything. I just need the rod specs or ??

I do have around 1000 stainless humbucker blades I bought several years ago to experiment with a coil winder I have. I believe it is 441 or 447 magnetic stainless and are ground to shape on one side.

Ted

Comment

Sens examples ........

[quote=Peter Naglitsch;111063]
      Originally posted by SJE View Post
      Hi Ted,
      I might not be ordering from Sens as it turns out the original company I was speaking to who are considerably cheaper QUOTE]

Do you mind sharing the name? Alterative sources are always wellcome.
      Hello Peter,
      did you get those manets I send you and what do you think ?
      cheers
      david

Comment

Originally posted by tedweber View Post
        Sure, I'd be happy quote on anything. I just need the rod specs or ??

I do have around 1000 stainless humbucker blades I bought several years ago to experiment with a coil winder I have. I believe it is 441 or 447 magnetic stainless and are ground to shape on one side.

Ted
        Well since I'm currently unemployed and not making pickups myself yet, I'm not going to ask, but here's your chance everyone else! Tell Ted what the specs are on the magnets you need and maybe he can become another supplier for you....one you can trust too given his other superior products. Now if you could just make some good PAF parts I think you'd have them all in the palm of your hand Ted!...hehe.

greg

Comment

Hi Ted,
          Thanks for the offer - however with my location it's easier for me to deal directly with the factories in China rather than them getting shipped to the US then you shipping them back to Asia!

I am still waiting on the details from my 'preferred' supplier the one cheaper than Sens that is . .

Steve

Comment

As promised after my email exchange today they have confirmed all grades are possible and far cheaper than Sens . . . the company in question is:

http://www.neomax.cn

Since I've dealt primarily with the lovely Violet Yu you'll be best to speak with her directly her email address (& photo!) can be found on the contact page at their site. Just mention guitar pickup magnet and tell her Steve sent you and she'll cotton on what you are talking about!

Now I've just go to pay and await delivery.

Comment

Oh something I forgot to correct from the previous post - the 'usual' grade for Alnico 5s is actually the LNG44 NOT the LNG37 as I previously posted.

So for those interested the definative list is:

Alnico2 as LNG13
              Alnico3 as LN10
              Alnico5 as LNG44
              Alnico8 as LNGT40

Comment

Working...
              X