Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alnico8's for sale

Guys,
    I recently purchased a bunch of Alnico8 bars 2.5" x .5"x .125" and had to place a minimum order. I have a bunch of these left over and am willing to part with them for $9.00 a piece. If you buy 5 I'll knock a buck off each of them.

Just thought you guys might want some of these without having to buy a ton of them to experiment with them. I'm pretty sure you can PM me. Never really tried it.

holy crap thats expensive! Where did you buy them?

Comment

Well I didn't pay $9 a piece. But I did have to order quite a few of them. I had a hard time finding a place to purchase them. I guess I could let them go for $8 a piece, but I have to make worth my time to ya know?

Comment

I think you are going to find that no one here pays more than $3 tops for a magnet.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

+1

I think I pay $0.95 for A5 and $.9 for A2.. Even American mags should be more than $3-4.

I'll trade you for some of my $9 keeper bars! :>

Comment

Just throwing it out there. I'm not trying to be anyone's supplier. I just had a few extra. I'm not trying to sell in bulk, I was only thinking one or two if someone wanted to experiment with them. I'm not trying to start a magnet selling business here.

Comment

The point is if you had to buy a bunch and don't need them, and want to make your money back, sell they for cost or a little over. What you are doing is trying to make it a profit off of them.

Maybe you can sell them on eBay.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Alnico is very different based on different manufacturers.. where are they from?

Comment

Well, the A8 bars do seem to cost more ... at least if you get them from AllStar. I haven't tried Sens for those or any other supplier. My first order for A8 bars (probably a couple of years ago) from AllStar was about $6 per bar for 10. I think I got it down to $3-$4 with a larger order, but would have to look it up. Nifty magnet though, depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Comment

Alnico from Allstar is Sens.

Comment

Of course I'm trying to make some profit. I don't want to give the stuff away for free. I marked them up $2 a piece. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, I just wanted to see if you guys wanted one. If you want a bunch, then call allstar magnetics. If you want one to experiment with, then I'll send you one... for $8. If I was trying to be a distributor I would sell them for just over cost. I'm not and have to repackage them and take them to the post office which is worth the extra $2 to stand in that god forsaken line. I'm just trying to save you guys the $75 minimum fee I had to pay... unless I got ripped off. In which case, dammit.

Comment

how many extra do you have?

Comment

Not too many by you guys standards. I bought 20, but only have plans for about 6.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                            Alnico from Allstar is Sens.
                            There you go. Still, Sens charges considerably less per bar than AllStar so ...

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                              Alnico is very different based on different manufacturers.. where are they from?
                              Sorry Bel, I meant to reply earlier to you. They are from Allstar.

Comment

Working...
                              X