Ogallala Magnets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ogallala Magnets?

Anyone ever buy .187" Alnico 5 rod magnets from Ogallala. They are apparently a sister company of Arnold.
    They don't make them like they used to... We do.
    www.throbak.com
    Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Two kids in a playground talking...

"Hey Arnold, what's your sister Ogallala got there?" "I dunno... a magnet?"

Well that was pointless and only borderline humorous.

I never heard of them.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Tim Shaw mentioned Ogallala to me when I talked to him. I could never find the place when I searched for it. But when I called Arnold about rod magnets for guitars they mentioned them as a sister company.

The last order I did with Arnold was a nightmare. But they have a new salesperson who seems to be much more on the ball, so far.
      www.throbak.com

Comment

https://www.arnoldmagnetics.com/prod...noid/index.htm

Comment

Get contact information for Magnetic Technologies Corp., Ogallala Electronics Div. in Ogallala, NE.

Comment

If they are making Arnold's rod magnets, I am pretty sure its what Fralin uses. I would get samples before you jump on that. I still have a batch I bought and only found one use for them, they are very vintagey but maybe too much, meaning lacking bite and ability to scream. I personally find the Chinese stuff more generally useful as long as you design around what they do. The Arnold rod magnets are very identifiable as they are completely polished and very finely finished. And expensive. Get samples.
            http://www.SDpickups.com
            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Fralen sent me a set of J bass pickups 10 years ago in an Arnold Magnetics box. I never cared for the sound of those J pickups, clanky and not pleasing to my ear but that wasn't in an ensemble setting. I might have loved them against a guitar and drums. I put a steel plate under them to help boost the two middle strings and that helped the volume mismatch. I saw a new set of Fralins this summer and he's putting the plate under them now too. I still don't like the sound. Maybe they are the cat's meow for guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post

"Hey Arnold, what's your sister Ogallala got there?" "I dunno... a magnet?"

Well that was pointless and only borderline humorous.

I never heard of them.
                David... please don't quit your job of making p'ups and/or musical instruments to become a stand-up comedian... at least not now?
                Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                  David... please don't quit your job of making p'ups and/or musical instruments to become a stand-up comedian... at least not now?
                  I make myself laugh, and that's all that matters!
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I make myself laugh, and that's all that matters!
                    Don't let these guys get you down David. I'm laughing at everything you say
                    www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

* "Hey Arnold, what's your sister Ogallala got there?" "I dunno... a magnet?"
                      Um, Dave?
                      Arnold's sister's name is Sue, sometimes spelled Sioux.
                      Don't make fun of people's names.
                      Let *me* do it.
                      -drh
                      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Wow thanks for all of the expert advice. Anyone ever placed an order with Ogallala? I hear Tuesday night is free drinks night. They are fighting for business with Yuck Yucks down the block.
                        www.throbak.com

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                          Fralen sent me a set of J bass pickups 10 years ago in an Arnold Magnetics box. I never cared for the sound of those J pickups, clanky and not pleasing to my ear but that wasn't in an ensemble setting. I might have loved them against a guitar and drums. I put a steel plate under them to help boost the two middle strings and that helped the volume mismatch. I saw a new set of Fralins this summer and he's putting the plate under them now too. I still don't like the sound. Maybe they are the cat's meow for guitar?

I've never heard a Fralin pickup that I like....bass or guitar.....my 2 cents.

greg

Comment

Ogallalla is the sister to Arnold. Ogallalla does not manufacture Alnico, they just cut and grind it. You can also get Chinese Alnico from them for much cheaper than the arnold american made. My last purchase was 950 pieces Arnold manu. .90 cents a rod. Their Alnico sounds ok.
                            Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Thanks Bill. That is useful information.
                              www.throbak.com

Comment

Working...
                              X