Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar Jones anyone having any luck at all with this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Jones anyone having any luck at all with this guy?

Has anyone actually gotten any orders through "Pat" at GJ? I don't get replies to my emails at all this week, I get the feeling he doesn't want to supply the pickup makers anymore? His only answer was some vague thing about having four humbucker covers in stock and would let me know if he got anymore, that was last month.......

With that in mind does anyone have a source for the short leg 50mm spaced nickel silver baseplates, keeper bars and the strat covers he was carrying? His strat covers are the biggest size I've seen, StewMac's on the other hand are horrible and don't fit over a coil of decent size, I was having to tape over the coils to protect them from being cut by the covers.
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

I've gotten a couple of partial orders from Pat with mistakes. Much stuff still on backorder. Takes him 2-3 weeks to process orders it seems. He told me last week that an order just cleared customs and he would get back to me later that day with a list of what he could fill in my backorders. Haven't heard from him since. Man, I miss Alex.

~Stan
    -Stan
    ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
    Stan Hinesley Pickups
    FaceBook

Comment

They guy just doesn't answer any emails. I wanted to get some Strat covers from him but he's seemingly incapable of answering an email.
      It's a sad day but I will look elswhere from now on as he clearly has no intention of continuing the good work of Alex.

You might try Andrew Cunningham for short-leg baseplates.
      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Last 3 orders were incomplete... Looks like they're going through big changes... By the way,I need some P-90 Soapbar baseplates BIG TIME. Too busy being on the road playing music to make them by myself. Anyone knows another place to get them?

Comment

My last order was incomplete too. At least they didn't charge me for the parts that didn't ship. I don't think they'll be around much longer with service like this..... I'm looking elsewhere.

Comment

I saw this coming

as far back as when Alex was still there. I told everyone I knew about the crap service and a lot of people said Alex was a good guy etc... Now look... I bailed a long time ago, just wasn't worth the hassle.

Comment

No luck at all. I was very pleased with Alex, always prompt with what I needed. I got caught with an order that never got filled during the crossover, took about 2 months to get a refund. Not a real big deal, but then I get the customs line this week, and apparently Stan H got that line last week, so I dunno. Maybe Pat will come through?

I really wish I knew where in China those baseplates come from Possum, I'd order a million of them! A local guy here said he could do them for around $7.25 each, which is too much... I guess it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnetosaure View Post
                Last 3 orders were incomplete... Looks like they're going through big changes... By the way,I need some P-90 Soapbar baseplates BIG TIME. Too busy being on the road playing music to make them by myself. Anyone knows another place to get them?
                I have a small stock of baseplates suitable for soapbars. Some are nickel plated some are brass. They work out at $6.50 each which is what they cost me. They are parts I ordered almost two years ago that just turned up out of the blue this week. Since then I have made other arrangements for baseplates so these are surplus.
                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

baseplates.....

Crap, this all just confirms that Guitar Jones is a loss....AllParts has P90 base plates at least they did last year, they seem to be out of everything too. You can buy brass stock and cut them out and drill them, its a bitch but last resort will work. I bought a large bunch of base plates from WD Music a year ago, now they don't answer my emails anymore, they botched the order real bad when I went through them and the order took 3 months to get right. If I find any of this stuff through sources its going to be probably $600 minimum orders so will think about doing a group buy thing if I can nail any of it down....will let you all know.....
                  Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Here's a conspiracy theory for you , the big pickup makers are buying out all the parts suppliers in a bid to get back their share of the market , what better way to put someone out of business than cutting of the parts supply....

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by mick View Post
                      Here's a conspiracy theory for you , the big pickup makers are buying out all the parts suppliers in a bid to get back their share of the market , what better way to put someone out of business than cutting of the parts supply....

Mick
                      Come on Mick,do you really think those guys would buy the shoddy crap we get our hands on? No way man, what we've been getting is what they rejected and it's just started to dry up that's all.
                      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Nope , they don't need to buy the shoddy shit , just the companies that supply it.

Mick

Comment

Pat replies

I heard from Pat today, I guess some stuff came in but some of what I need i backordered whatever that means. Yeah conspiracy theory, isn't it weird that pretty much ALL the guys we get our stuff from all ran out of the most important stuff about the same time? If Korea ever goes to war down the road its all gonna dry up....
                          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I'll be talking with him at the NAMM show. I'm assuming he'll show up. If he doesn't, I'll talk with thier parent company, WooSung Chorus, who wanted me to come on as an advisor/consultant,.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMacleod View Post
                              I'll be talking with him at the NAMM show. I'm assuming he'll show up. If he doesn't, I'll talk with thier parent company, WooSung Chorus, who wanted me to come on as an advisor/consultant,.
                              WSC huh? Well... that certainly clears up a lot of things!
                              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                              X