No announcement yet.

A Space Orthogonal to Real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummmm, i read the fine print, its Altair....Mexico. Brain Boost Labs, LLC. Its also says something about a "cactus juice brain boost drink" sounds kinda like a tequila bar. Knew it was too good to be true, oh well.
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sulzer View Post
      Now they can be configured in FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays), thus avoiding the problem of actually having to make any hardware that can run at hundreds of MHz.
      I'm just back from a 4 day training course on DSP for FPGAs, where we spent most of the time learning how to make these digital downconverters and get them to run fast enough. I really didn't expect to find a thread about them here.

The technology has trickled down so far that you can practically make a software defined radio at your kitchen table. All you need is your I/Q baseband mixer (a Tayloe detector is a good starting point), a PC with a sound card, and http://freenet-homepage.de/dl4yhf/spectra1.html
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
        I'm just back from a 4 day training course on DSP for FPGAs, where we spent most of the time learning how to make these digital downconverters and get them to run fast enough. I really didn't expect to find a thread about them here.

The technology has trickled down so far that you can practically make a software defined radio at your kitchen table. All you need is your I/Q baseband mixer (a Tayloe detector is a good starting point), a PC with a sound card, and DL4YHF's Audio Spectrum Analyser
        If you are willing to spend a bit of money you can get something that would be truly amazing (Universal Software Radio Peripheral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) to someone who spent a few years in the north woods.

Comment

Working...
        X