No announcement yet.

A look inside a Lane Poor MM5.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naw nothing else there, just the pup and the wt3 dongle. The ref sweep looks nice and flat after 90 sec warm up with the 1K cal resistor that comes with it.

I'd say that indicates a fairly reactive component.
    ya got to fig trying to measure anything above a few hundred hz in a coil of wire of that magnitude in a magnetic field is gonna be pretty whacked , and I'm sure the WT3's synth swept sine would generate some harmonics as it went. That's why i wonder how good those LCR reading are. When looking at the WT3 on a scope as it sweeps you can see a bit of harmonics being generated as the sine sweeps, but nothing to severe.

And recall this isn't a driven load, it's a transducer coil output we're looking back into, sitting in a magnetic field. If you were trying to drive this as load, I'm sure you'd have a great time with anything above 800hz. 1.6 H is a hell of an inductance for a small signal... again i stress I'm not sure how well any of these low ball[cost] measurements anyone is doing are of any value.

Yea, old DAT's for dumping old music.

And the arbor press squeezes out that last few db of dynamic range in mastering.

I use it to demo to clients as to what they want me to do with their "make it louder" rants.

"Just place your hand here and this is what you're asking me to do to the mix"

They leave me alone after that...

Comment

• Originally posted by ajawamnet@comcast.net View Post
      And the arbor press squeezes out that last few db of dynamic range in mastering.

I use it to demo to clients as to what they want me to do with their "make it louder" rants.

"Just place your hand here and this is what you're asking me to do to the mix"

They leave me alone after that...

I hate those loud mastered recordings. They sound like crap.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
      X