No announcement yet.

Recommendations for Soldering Stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To step back a bit I have a hakko 936 with a 927 24V 50W handpiece. It eats tips. You leave it on overnight by accident and the tip is worthless.

I've always wanted a Metcal RF iron. Rock steady temp control and much more power available at the tip when you need it.
    Metcal

The best solder suckers have a silicon rubber tip instead of the hard teflon. I used one in Denmark 20 years ago but still haven't found one for sale in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
      I've always wanted a Metcal RF iron. Rock steady temp control and much more power available at the tip when you need it.
      Metcal

The best solder suckers have a silicon rubber tip instead of the hard teflon. I used one in Denmark 20 years ago but still haven't found one for sale in the US.
      The Metcal is always over $400 US. If you need the nearly instantaneous
      temperature regulation and solder a lot, then it's worth it.

For through-hole desoldering, I use an old PACE MBT-201 that runs off shop
      air. There was a time when they were cheap and abundant on eBay, so I
      bought three dead ones and made a live one. At $400+ used today, they are
      unjustifiably overpriced. A new Hakko can do just as well for half the price.

-drh
      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

If you use a Weller TCP (The old version with temperature set by changing the soldering-tip), please be cautious at working near magnets. The soldering-iron can be damged (or get false temperatures) from magnetic fields.

Greetings Hermann

Comment

Working...
        X