xmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmas.

To all my brothers worldwide have a good xmas.
    From all in the UK.

A very Merry to you and everyone!
    Shannon Hooge
    NorthStar Guitar
    northstarguitar.com

Comment

Merry Christmas to you, too.

I'd also like to thank everyone in this forum. Without you, I don't know if I ever would have been successful in this new field I am venturing into.
      Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Enjoy the X everyone, and a good new year to all, sell lots of pickups, economy is looking good, be ready for it.....
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Have a happy holiday, what ever it happens to be, and a happy new year!
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Although a newbie, Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, Peaceful and Joyus Ramadan, and all other holiday greetings for this time of year. Peace to all.

Comment

Who cares what it's called?

Have a Happy 'whateveritis'

PS. I think my neighbor stole my Festivus pole...

ken
              www.angeltone.com

Comment

The funny thing is Xmas is a pagan holiday the Christians hijacked so pagans would have to celebrate on Christ's "birthday." Christ wasn't born on Dec. 25. The original holiday was called Yule, and also Saturnalia I think, and the Natalis Solis Invicti.
                Its thought more likely he was born on March 28, but there is no actual historical proof of when he was born. There is enough evidence that points he wasn't born in December, you can google for the details. Anyway happy Natalis Solis Invicti everyone
                http://www.SDpickups.com
                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                  The funny thing is Xmas is a pagan holiday the Christians hijacked so pagans would have to celebrate on Christ's "birthday." Christ wasn't born on Dec. 25. The original holiday was called Yule, and also Saturnalia I think, and the Natalis Solis Invicti.
                  Its thought more likely he was born on March 28, but there is no actual historical proof of when he was born. There is enough evidence that points he wasn't born in December, you can google for the details. Anyway happy Natalis Solis Invicti everyone
                  The myth of at least 76 recorded religions all over the world, past and/or actual is based on a script made up by somebody unkown many milleniums ago.

The oldest description of this script (or plot, or story line) was found inside one of the pyramids in Egipt and it's considered to be written 'bout 1,300 BC.

All based in Pagan rituals using Astrology as the base of the symbols.

See one of the three movies called "Zeitgeist"... the whole sad story of the human race is told there.

So, the main reasons of the human race killing each other is solely based on the different interpretation of a fairy tale of unknown origin? If it's so, we're BOUND to disappear, and we DESERVE IT 'cause we're nothing but a bunch of morons!

2012, I'm waiting for you...!
                  Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                  Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                    Think about why we bring evergreen trees (with a 5 pointed star on the top) and mistletoe in the house this time of year.

Same is true of Easter. Hares and eggs? Fertility symbols. And the name Easter comes from the anglo-saxon goddess Ēostre (Ostara).

Neither holiday has anything to do with Jesus of Nazareth or Christ (Khristós, Krishna, al-Masīḥ, etc.).
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

The birth of Christ and the Resurrection are indeed different and separate from the pagan celebrations and materialism now most commonly associated with the events - even those celebrations that take place in churches around the world. It doesn't make the former any less historic or significant to true Christians since they know well the difference. The sad thing here is that the original post was meant as a warm wish to all, not requiring statements of the obvious as forms of derision toward those who believe. Those responses are in fact more a testament to how far we've deteriorated as a society than any image conjured to the contrary in your own haughty minds.

Better that you simply accept the wish for its thoughtfulness and move on, or simply keep your mouth shut.

Comment

Well Said!

This isnt the first time in recent weeks this has happened. In the thread about a loved one dieing of cancer, some people choose that completely inappropriate place as the platform to "rail against the establishment"

I felt ashamed just to read it.
                        Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

....and I thought everyone here decorated their tree with wire, bobbins, old magnates, and wax for potting. who knew this was supposed to be contrary dictum of faith.

Happy New Year to everyone anyhow.

Comment

Can I have just two minutes of your time...?

Two minutes it's all it takes...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o"]YouTube- George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.[/ame]

Enjoy it in the TRUE spirit of the Holidays...
                            Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                            Milano, Italy

Comment

Jesus himself disliked religious people. Once again, you miss the concept completely in your zeal to ruin the moment in the name of your own beliefs. In fact, I'm not sure which is more pathetic; that, or the fact that you still worship at the alter of Carlin? Wow. With that as your foundation, this thread is now all yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X