Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far east Bobbin suppliers...Sanhe, Paxphil etc

Hi,

I've been in touch with Sanhe - they don't have the colour I need in the bobbin I want (PB-007) - they accept Paypal but their prices per unit are higher @ $0.20c per unit (which kind of evens out the final amount vs Telegraphic transfer with others)

Paxphil do have the same bobbin & in the colour I want (which is strange because I thought these were all sourced from the same place!) ....their prices are lower ($0.13c per unit) , but I'll get stiffed for £25 as they only accept TT.

Are there any others? (ideally I'd like somewhere the accepts Paypal, because frankly it's a chore talking to the offshore Customer Service Agents that Citibank UK use towards setting a TT up)

tks,
    Pesky.

Originally posted by peskywinnets View Post
    Hi,

I've been in touch with Sanhe - they don't have the colour I need in the bobbin I want (PB-007) - they accept Paypal but their prices per unit are higher @ $0.20c per unit (which kind of evens out the final amount vs Telegraphic transfer with others)

Paxphil do have the same bobbin & in the colour I want (which is strange because I thought these were all sourced from the same place!) ....their prices are lower ($0.13c per unit) , but I'll get stiffed for £25 as they only accept TT.

Are there any others? (ideally I'd like somewhere the accepts Paypal, because frankly it's a chore talking to the offshore Customer Service Agents that Citibank UK use towards setting a TT up)

tks,
    Pesky.
    Those companies are also just distributors. They are not the people that make the bobbins. Almost all these companies use bobbins sold by Daeil Chemical. Daeil is a Korean company that makes parts for Epiphone. They make the best speed knobs out there, and are top notch to work this, but you need to buy in qty. They are not there to sell onesey twosies. If you do order from them, you can ask for my custom cream color "Larrivee Cream" which I had them match to allparts bobbins.

There is no way around paying by wiretransfer. zero, zilch, zip. Maybe they would let you mail them a pile of cash, but im sure you wouldnt like it.

Comment

once again...

Originally posted by belwar View Post
      Those companies are also just distributors. They are not the people that make the bobbins. Almost all these companies use bobbins sold by Daeil Chemical. Daeil is a Korean company that makes parts for Epiphone. They make the best speed knobs out there, and are top notch to work this, but you need to buy in qty. They are not there to sell onesey twosies. If you do order from them, you can ask for my custom cream color "Larrivee Cream" which I had them match to allparts bobbins.

There is no way around paying by wiretransfer. zero, zilch, zip. Maybe they would let you mail them a pile of cash, but im sure you wouldnt like it.
      This makes me think of starting a coop. If there is any interested, I have a bit of info about it....
      Shannon Hooge
      NorthStar Guitar
      northstarguitar.com

Comment

Those companies are also just distributors. They are not the people that make the bobbins.
        I'd already figured that on account each one have the bobbins listed with the same name/model Number!

Daeil is a Korean company that makes parts for Epiphone. [snip]They are not there to sell onesey twosies.
        I'm looking at about 500 bobbins for a first trade. (Sanhe's MOQ is 200, whereas Paxphil is 100)

What's a typical MOQ for Daeil then?

Perhaps not if/when dealing with Daeil, but that was the point of my post - are there any other distributors...for example, I already know that Sanhe accept Paypal....

Comment

1000 pcs

Not many others out there that are easy to find.

Comment

Do any of these guys do humbucker bobbins in 49.2mm?

Comment

Daeil Chemical

I just email them but the mail came back - used the email adress
              from their website.Shall I fax ?

I would like to buy some bobbins and soapbar covers of the Larrivee colour.
              I thought about switching to Mojo but their cream is not nice.

I like the stewmac cream .........

Comment

Before you invest in a boatload of bobbins you might want to find out exactly what you're buying. How tall is the coil former, how thick is the core, what is the core width? Humbucker bobbins are all different. On that note who sells taller bucker bobbins?
                http://www.SDpickups.com
                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

sanhe...

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                  Before you invest in a boatload of bobbins you might want to find out exactly what you're buying. How tall is the coil former, how thick is the core, what is the core width? Humbucker bobbins are all different. On that note who sells taller bucker bobbins?
                  ...Has a bobbin that is 15mm inside measurement. Pretty tall.
                  Shannon Hooge
                  NorthStar Guitar
                  northstarguitar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X