No announcement yet.

smallest alnico and retain charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the virgins are the mathematicians. There's a conundrum in there somewhere, but I'm not good enough at that B-H curve stuff to plot it's location.

Comment

Possum... You're right on the blades, and I really like yours, those were my favorite sound samples on your site!

Strictly speaking I think the Charlie Christian pickup pioneered the blade design, right? The story I heard is that Joe Barden pioneered the dual blade design, didn't patent it, and hence the flood of other dual blade pickups on the market. I think you could say that Bill Lawrence was the earliest to make a blade design for an after market pickup.

ShannonH, I feel your pain on the math. I was great at it in school, but it has gotten awfully rusty since then. I wish there was a good way to brush up on it. That has been on my to-do list actually, to see if I can find some good books to spend some time with. After that, I'll brush up on grammar and realize that last sentence ended with a preposition. Oh, the exciting life I lead...

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
        Wasn't it Lawrence that pioneered blade pickups, everyone just copied him?
        His had single blades for the Strat sized pickups, but yeah he did the first after-market pickups with blades.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I don't think the Charlie Christian pickup was the first blade pickup. I don't think Gibson entirely appreciated the CC pickup as they got away from it pretty fast. First it was a solid single blade, then it got notched, then split, then the P13 was next and many variations on those. The P90 they stuck with for a decent amount of time, then buckers came in and stayed. I think the CC was one of the best
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

lolz

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
            That has been on my to-do list actually, to see if I can find some good books to spend some time with. After that, I'll brush up on grammar and realize that last sentence ended with a preposition. Oh, the exciting life I lead...
            ending in a preposition is perfectly natural in Minnesota! I'm going to the guitar show, you wanna go with? You betcha!
            Shannon Hooge
            NorthStar Guitar
            northstarguitar.com

Comment

So Shannon, did you end up trying some A8 magnets in a blade design?

Comment

soon

I have two little kids and two jobs plus the pickups gig, so time's been an issue. I will in the next month and post as a new thread. Peace!
                Shannon Hooge
                NorthStar Guitar
                northstarguitar.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonH View Post
                  I have two little kids and two jobs plus the pickups gig, so time's been an issue.
                  Yeah, right... excuses, excuses...
                  Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                  Milano, Italy

Comment

Working...
                  X