heavy build poly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy build poly ?

anyone ever try heavy build poly .i was wondering if it would sound similar to heavy formvar ..i wanted to experiment with 42 gauge wire in some strat pickups
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

I've never used heavy formvar, but I do use heavy SPN 42 for some of my pickups, usually for neck pickups. It gives me a nice clear top end. I got a big 5 lb roll for a good price and figured I'd give it a try.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

i guess i have to get a little of both and do some experimenting.isn't formvar getting hard to get? .if its not its no point bothering with the heavy poly
      thanks dave

Comment

Personally, I love Heavy Formvar. in 43 AWG, I use HF 90% of the time and Poly the rest. I haven't found it hard to get at all. BAE Wire always has some up.
        Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Originally posted by automan View Post
          I haven't found it hard to get at all. BAE Wire always has some up.
          Yeah, they always have it. There is some on the ebay store:

eBay Store - BAE MAGNET WIRE: Electrical Test Equipment, Cars Trucks, Business Industrial

AWG 42 HEAVY FORMVAR Copper Magnet Wire - eBay (item 230431820186 end time Feb-08-10 05:04:17 PST)

They have 43 as well.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
              anyone ever try heavy build poly .i was wondering if it would sound similar to heavy formvar ..i wanted to experiment with 42 gauge wire in some strat pickups
              42 HPN makes for some great Strat winds, I've done plenty. Some years ago I bought a couple 9lb spools off the bay cheap ($99/ea) to use for experimenting and winding single coils. Replicating the 42 heavy formvar sound of early(er) Strat pickups came to mind immediately.
              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
              X