Hit the Mother Deal!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trisomy21 View Post
    You're speaking another language my friend. I'm lost when it comes to pickups.
    Here are some pictures though, the stamped one was in the neck position.
    The patent label pickup is the one that came out after the PAF... it's more or less the same pickup, but now it had a patent number sticker, instead of a patent applied for sticker.

The Tim Shaw pickup came out after the T-tops (in the early 80's), and was designed by Gibson designer Tim Shaw, as a reproduction of the original PAF.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Pickup timeline

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
      If they are Gibson pickups, the one with the stamped number is a Shaw pickup, and the other would be an old patent decal pickup. The T tops were in between those two.
      Not entirely. The one with the stamped(embossed) number MIGHT be a Shaw, but could be several others, including a T-top. The one with the pat# decal MIGHT be a T-top, might not.
      Here's a rough timeline, note overlaps:

Pat# decal '62------------------- '75
      T-top bobbins '65------------------------- early '80's
      Stamped # baseplate '76------------------------------ '91
      Shaw '80--------------?

Comment

Well I'll probably bring them into the guitar shop down the street tomorrow and see what they say, have to get my acoustic repaired anyways.

Comment

Working...
        X