Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by automan View Post
    My woodies have round overs along the edges
    This is not the time or place for this kind of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
      This is not the time or place for this kind of discussion.
      I was wondering why it didn't come up sooner...
      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
      Milano, Italy

Comment

I take back my "rub" comment.

Comment

giggedy
          Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

If anyone says anything about "hot output", I think I'll be sick........

Comment

Diamondkote varathane by rustoleum, meant for floors,water based urethane, dries quick, tough enough I use it on fretless fingerboards for near 0 wear in a decade. It sprays nicely through an airbrush, builds pretty well and I can do 4 coats an evening after work with wetsanding in between.
                Miracle paint as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I used Varathane urethane on a maple fretless fingerboard back in the 80's. It showed no wear after a few years of playing with roundwounds and using a Kahler bass wammy bar. Good stuff.
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Kahler bass whammy on a fretless? Where's my rolled up newspaper? No, bad... don't do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
                      Kahler bass whammy on a fretless?
                      The story behind that was I had been playing Rickenbacker basses, and did this thing where I would hit some harmonics, reach over to the headstock with my left hand, and bend the neck!

I couldn't do that with the P bass style neck so.... the wammy bar! It was great for doing dive bombs on the open E string too.
                      Last edited by David Schwab; 03-22-2010, 12:53 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                        I used Varathane urethane on a maple fretless fingerboard back in the 80's. It showed no wear after a few years of playing with roundwounds and using a Kahler bass wammy bar. Good stuff.
                        Did you have a problem with raising grain using a water based finish? I know I can dampen / sand / dampen / sand etc until I get no more grain raising, but at that point, I might as well continue like I am.
                        Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Originally posted by automan View Post
                          Did you have a problem with raising grain using a water based finish? I know I can dampen / sand / dampen / sand etc until I get no more grain raising, but at that point, I might as well continue like I am.
                          It wasn't water based. I don't use water based finishes. I tried some once and didn't like them. Also it was a maple fingerboard.

Comment

I put some diamond coat Varathane waterborne finish on my floors and it didn't hold up too well but it was the cheapest by far at $44/gallon. I don't suppose it's that stuff you're talking about. I re-did everything in Scanvar 2000 which was better but I've heard that Bonakemi Traffic is the absolute toughest of the wb finishes. It's jam packed with mineral so looks a bit milky.

Comment

New Woody

Since no one's done it yet...

I got a new Woody... a TALKING Woody.

Comment

Working...
                              X