Custom-Spaced Fender Style Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam?
    Last edited by David Schwab; 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM.
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
      Spam?
      If it quacks like a duck....
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Who's spamming? Or did it get deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
          Who's spamming? Or did it get deleted?
          It's been deleted.
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

here are some dumb punch questions never having owned one, but the punch itself, is it a home made HSS rod that's sharpened or can you get punches with male and female parts as a set? And I guess you need a chuck to hold the punch?

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
              here are some dumb punch questions never having owned one, but the punch itself, is it a home made HSS rod that's sharpened or can you get punches with male and female parts as a set? And I guess you need a chuck to hold the punch?
              You can buy them, or make them, I made mine out of tool steel. I didn't make a chuck, I used a base-plate on a jig to hold the die.

About the punch, I had already drilled a 3/8" (.375/9.52mm) hole in one end of the ram on my HF arbor press a long time ago to hold the Stew-Mac Fret press caul (I only bought the caul since I already had a perfectly fine, cheap, asian, import, press like the one Stew-Mac sells for twice as much as Harbor Freight but never mind)

so I just made my punch tool to fit the 3/8" (.375) hole I already had drilled in the end of my press ram, makes the arbor press really versatile, you just loosten the collar on the far side of the ram pinion, pull the ram out and flip it over when you want to use it normally.

I would sugest you make a decent "table" or "bed" for your arbor press, it will help with nearly everything you do and it's easier to make indexing jigs to fit it to place/re-place things as you work from month to month.

It's kinda hard to see but there are a couple pieces of 5/16" stainless under the acrylic jig in this pic:

they are fastened onto the arbor press's foot area by some hex screws to index it back in place when it needs to be removed (like almost never).

Here is a pic of the press with a jig made of 1/4" (6.5mm) FR4 which I use to press the rivets into my Rick button-top flatwork, you can see the table/bed better in this pic:

The longer table/bed piece you see toward the front is to hold the neck support piece (see above Stew-Mac pic)

I'm sure once you get your punch & die in hand you'll be able to see what you need to do to hold it and locate it to do your work.

I'd give you some links to HF punch tools but their website seems to be down currently.
              Last edited by RedHouse; 04-29-2010, 04:20 PM.
              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
              X