• Show
Clear All

• Magnets in the U.K.

Here you go:

http://www.guysmagnets.com/index.php?cPath=26

Alnico 5 = Alcomax 3.

Cheaper than chips.

S.

looks too good to be true. Have you actually ordered magnets from them?

Comment

Yes, three times in about two years.

Good customer service & a couple of days delivery time - those 19 x 5mm magnets have been in their bargain basement each time.

S.

Comment

Those magnets are in the bargain basement because they are sintered rather than cast I suspect. Their A5 to A8 are cast.
        Still, interesting.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

humbucker magnet

could one of these be used for a humbucker pickup?

http://www.guysmagnets.com/product_i...products_id=48
          Last edited by pun15her; 08-15-2007, 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Bought a couple of hundred ceramics off Guy a few weeks ago and a good man to deal with. He got them out prompt but the carrier was a dead loss took a week to deliver an overnighter as it sat in their dopot all that time but t'was not Guys fault. Bought a couple of his big 54 x50mm neos at just over a fiver each with enough power to magnetise anything, absolute monsters. Don't know why but postal charges to Mr Stephen G Smith has cropped up on his site, but I have paid them but if anyone wants to buy them so I get my money back then please go ahead. He has now put the mags I want into production to save me cutting them down so well worth a call to talk to the man.

Comment

Hey, those magnets being scintered rather than cast, Whats the actual difference?
              would that matter for winding bass pickups?

(you may gather that currently i have no idea at all about magnets.....)

Comment

Sintered AlNiCo has tighter dimensional tolerances due to its processing. It also has slightly lower magnetic properties, but better mechanical strength than Cast AlNiCo

Comment

Working...
                X