No announcement yet.

Pickup Gaussmeter v.3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The probe is double sided; What is the advantage of using both sensors on the probe.

Comment

with ad22151 you have a wide range (more than +/- 5000 gauss) and can measure all magnets.... neo too....
      with a1302 you have about +/- 1650 Gauss range then you can measure only ceramic and alnico magnets....(but with more precision)

so you can choose if you want a1302 or ad22151 or both.....

bye
      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

Thanks -Elepro. I have both on order and will use both. I guess I am all set part wise. I think I have everything sorted now. Once everything arrives I might have a few questions during assembly.

Comment

That's a good looking board.

Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
          pcb silk screen show right orientation of all components....
          let me know if you have trouble...

bye

-Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

thanks Elepro .......i got mint in the mail this morning
            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I got mine this morning to .

great job.

Comment

Hey -Elepro- on the AD22151 sensor in the picture I can clearly see that the tow outer legs of the sensor is soldered. I can also see that on the bottom that the the two legs on the left side is soldered and the leg on the bottom right side is soldered. Are the two middle unused legs on the top and the 1 on the bottom left not soldered. Click on the picture to see exactly what i am talking about.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BadHorsie; 06-14-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Elepro wired the AD22151 for unity gain and no temperature compensation.
                  At unity gain, you get the +/-5000 gauss range.
                  Since the device will get used near 20C/72F, the tempco isn't needed.
                  Fewer parts == cheaper build cost.

-drh
                  "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

I am just trying to find out what the status of the three unused connectors on the sensor. I am having a hard time making it out in the picture as it is a little out of focus.

Comment

• So are you saying they are just left alone because they are not needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadHorsie View Post
                        Hey -Elepro- on the AD22151 sensor in the picture I can clearly see that the tow outer legs of the sensor is soldered. I can also see that on the bottom that the the two legs on the left side is soldered and the leg on the bottom right side is soldered. Are the two middle unused legs on the top and the 1 on the bottom left not soldered. Click on the picture to see exactly what i am talking about.
                        pin used are 4 5 6 and 8.... the pin 1 has soldering just for a better solidity....

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                        ....Since the device will get used near 20C/72F, the tempco isn't needed.
                        Fewer parts == cheaper build cost.

-drh
                        from 10C/50F to 35C/95F gain variation has +/- 1% error.... but.... i do not measure magnet in the garden in winter or at the sea in summer .....

i think that temperature compensation of this chip is useful for automotive application (trhottle/valve position sensing) where there is a more wide range of temperaure

bye
                        .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
                        .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Elepro,

Just got my board and chip in today.
                          Thanks alot.

Bill

Comment

• I just pulled the data sheet PDF and it makes since to me now. I am learning Slowly, but learning. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                              Please note

someone changed the quantity of some component in the mouser basket link in reply #3.... compare quantity with list in that reply....
                              Ahh.. that just completely stuffed my order up with Mouser which I just paid for.. why would anyone change that list around ?

EDIT: I just emailed Mouser with amendments to my order, hopefully they can include the stuff that was missing from the list
                              Last edited by fletch; 06-15-2010, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Got my board today in the mail. I thought I had the right sensor already but it turns out I had an A1323 which appears to be 4x more sensitive, so I guess I'll have to wait for an a1302 :-(.

Elepro, you mentioned posting some more pfds?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X