Pickup Gaussmeter v.3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    Someone should go in and fix the project manager listing.
    I tried the changes I made would not take effect for me.

Comment

• I decided to go a head and solder up the sensor with the AD22151 and will solder the A1302 on when it arrives. Man is that AD22151 a small. I had to go by a third hand with magnifying glass to get it soldered in. It appears to be up and working. My question is where do I find the mV/G and the polarity information for my sensors. Or Dose the meter detect it if you let it set for a few minuets. I am just a little confused with the wording in the calibration section of the Manuel.

Thanks Stan
      Last edited by BadHorsie; 06-18-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Yo Stan,
        you aren't soldering in 2 hall effect sensors are you?

The user guide on this page tells you how to calibrate for mV/G.

Peace! I'm building mine up right now too, and also waiting for my sensor. I have hot air and solder paste... its magic!

peace,
        cru

Comment

• I'm still waiting for a A1302 to arrive but I did hook up the AD22151 and it looks to be working nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadHorsie View Post
            My question is where do the mV/G and the polarity for my sensors. Or Dose the meter detect it if you let it set for a few minuets. I am just a little confused with the wording in the calibration section of the Manuel.

Thanks Stan
            before all you have to know if your sensor AD22151 is wired as probe1 or probe2.... (in normal mode try to take a measure changing them..... and see what produce value changing)...

then restart meter in calibration mode, select probe number wired with AD22151 and set it to 0.400mV/G and negative polarity..... save value and restart....
            now you are ready to take a measure....

let me know
            bye
            .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
            .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• My AD22151 is set as probe 2. I guess I did calibrated it right following the instructions from the manual, It was set at .0400 mV/G as -Elepro- Stated. It is working well. @ CRU, I am using both the both the sensors as -Elepro- did 1 AD22151 and 1 A1302 of which I am waiting to arrive. Thanks guys for all the help. Now to finish up my winder?

Comment

• The diodes are backordered until November, I found this replacement http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/1N/1N5818.pdf

I think it's same in all respects except 30V instead of 40V and forward voltage .55V instead of .6V.
                http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...AMJkh6sZRA4%3d

I fixed the quantities but I don't know if they will stick. I couldn't figure out how to add the replacement parts, (the missing headers are in now).
                Last edited by David King; 06-18-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• diodes are 1n5819 .... link

bye

Comment

• Anyone get theirs going?

Mine is all soldered up except for I messed up and only ordered 1 of the momentary switches. So I put it in the S1 position thinking I could fire it up, but doesn't do it.

I haven't seen the scheme, so I don't know. I know Q1 pulls the 7805 down to ground... But maybe all switches need to be in for some reason.

cru

Comment

• @ CRU JONES, what brand solder paste do you recommend.
                      Last edited by BadHorsie; 06-20-2010, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRU JONES View Post
                        Anyone get theirs going?
                        Mine is working nicely with the AD22151 sensor, still waiting for a A1302 to show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRU JONES View Post
                          Mine is all soldered up except for I messed up and only ordered 1 of the momentary switches. So I put it in the S1 position thinking I could fire it up, but doesn't do it.

I haven't seen the scheme, so I don't know. I know Q1 pulls the 7805 down to ground... But maybe all switches need to be in for some reason.

cru
                          hello,

yes, it has to work (turn on) with just S1.... please take 2 good pictures at both side of your pcb and post them

Comment

• solder paste!

Originally posted by BadHorsie View Post
                            @ CRU JONES, what brand solder paste do you recommend.
                            Hey Bad,
                            Solder paste can be expensive and it also expires!
                            I recomend you try Zephpaste from Zephertronics. SMD & BGA Rework & Preheat Stations & Soldering Systems, Solder Paste, Supplies & Tools

Get the thumb plunger and the blue or green tips. Just buy a 12g tube ($14.95). It might seem like a small amount, but it will last. So anyway it is good, and hot air is dazzling. I don't miss drilling holes at all!

Also, thanks for pointing out that I can use both sensors! I missed that, so now I have something to order when I order my other three switches.
                            peace,
                            cru

Comment

• Elepro,
                              We can't get the 1N5819 diodes from Mouser here until November, is there a substitution allowed?
                              Thanks.

Comment

• did you see link in my post #128?
                                ..more than 13000 pieces in stock....

bye

Comment

Working...
                                X