Axes'r'us pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axes'r'us pickups

I've just noticed that they've their own badged range of pickups!

Tonerider Wlikinson Giovanni Fender -Guitar Single Coil Pickups Axesrus

Anyone tried them/know their provenance?

It's just idle interest really but I don't see Tonerider in there & wondered...

Rob.

They look like the same pickups as sold by Artec and others.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I spend a few hundred every year with them and it's allways next day delivery. Only bits and pieces for speed but no pickups. Did several years ago and what was listed as humbuckers in a single coil package was a single coil after all. That made the customer happy as it was what he wanted anyway. Good people to deal with, if you are after the cheap end of the range.

Comment

And they carry H-covers:
        and PhatCat style covers:
        among other stuff, so yeah, I have used them from time to time.

Comment

Are the covers Nickle silver or brass ?

Comment

Brass. For the H-shaped ones it doesn't really mather that much, but of cause NS would have been ideal for the Phatcat style covers

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
              They look like the same pickups as sold by Artec and others.
              RoHs, RoHs, RoHs your boat....LMAO a little Artec joke. couldn't resist

The Giovanni and Wilkinson are Artec pick-ups, Tonerider gets theirs from the same vendor I believe, same as the old Rockfield pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Musiclogic View Post
                RoHs, RoHs, RoHs your boat....LMAO a little Artec joke. couldn't resist

The Giovanni and Wilkinson are Artec pick-ups, Tonerider gets theirs from the same vendor I believe, same as the old Rockfield pickups.
                I thought Tonerider was making his own parts. He used to be a member on the forum here. He was located in Hong Kong.

Another Asian maker is G&B. They make the EMG Select pickups.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  I thought Tonerider was making his own parts. He used to be a member on the forum here. He was located in Hong Kong.
                  Some, but not all. I recall him mentioning various dealings with local manufacturers as well.

Comment

I used to own a Rockfield Zebra set, nice set of pickups not mushy sounding like some cheap humbuckers.
                    Also had a Wilkinson stacked P90 set that hummed like regular single coils and sounded dull. Didnt investigate why just took them out.
                    EMG select humbucker sized bass pickups that came stock with my Hohner headless were rather bland compared to the Lawrence dual blades i replaced them with.

GFS pickups seem to be made by artec also. I wonder who makes the Kent Armstrongs.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadToNever View Post
                      Also had a Wilkinson stacked P90 set that hummed like regular single coils and sounded dull. Didnt investigate why just took them out.
                      I'd bet the two coils were wired in phase. That changes a stack to an overwound single coil. Wilkinsons are made by Artec.

EMG select humbucker sized bass pickups that came stock with my Hohner headless were rather bland compared to the Lawrence dual blades i replaced them with.
                      I'm sure they are made to EMG's specs, since their HZ pickups are rather bland as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X