No announcement yet.

Lollar book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From home grown trees no doubt. , it takes all kinds and he did get you all going with it , funniest thing on here for ages , ..JBR take a bow , you the man...

Comment

Oh yeah,
      no voodoo there that is what it is all about !
      Real craftsmanship..............
      Me had been making pickups for a short time and stumbled over Jasons web site and bought the book.He was verry friendly and we had a few emails because he lived in germany/bavaria wehn he was a kid.

If you are new to pickup winding it will help you, I am shure and if you are an old dog you will love it ,too.

Comment

The book

If you know nothing about pickup construction, and you want to learn, buy the book. It's kind of like training wheels. Once you learn to ride, you won't need them, but it will get you started. Then it's up to you how far you want to go. BUT...don't think that's all you have to do is read the book, and build a winder. That's the easy part!
        Ron
        It's just wire wrapped around some magnets!

Comment

old thread

That's the first time I ever posted here... What I thought would be a fun thing to learn turned into something that I couldn't learn enough about. I'm sure the book would've been a great resource when I began, and today as well.

I've built quite a few pickups since then, and learned some of the mysteries of getting good tone. Oh yeah, and shagging sheep.

Comment

You're welcome John.
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
              Actually I think that book did create competition for him. I am one guy that his book created :-) There are a couple of other companies and known individuals that learned their craft from Lollar but will deny it publicly.
              OK, OK, OK, I will pubricry thank Jason. Thank you Jason for everything, especiary that B3 you give me next year.....

Comment

Working...
              X