No announcement yet.

double Cream 59 paf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay tuned.....It gets better. Glad to see your here enjoying things. Lots of misinformation in interviews too, so be careful. Not to say its not true, just speaking....
    Basically, its going to come down to you doing it.....And don't get discouraged if somethngs don't happen for you right away. You first few will be a hell of a lot better than production stuff, and you will eventually have many sleepless nights with a wondering mind trying to get better at this or that, or what ifs. Its very rewarding to say the least. All the best of luuck and prosperity (fuk,spelling). Remember, its fun!! Stay lighthearted about it bro!

Comment

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
      Stay tuned.....It gets better. Glad to see your here enjoying things. Lots of misinformation in interviews too, so be careful. Not to say its not true, just speaking....
      Basically, its going to come down to you doing it.....And don't get discouraged if somethngs don't happen for you right away. You first few will be a hell of a lot better than production stuff, and you will eventually have many sleepless nights with a wondering mind trying to get better at this or that, or what ifs. Its very rewarding to say the least. All the best of luuck and prosperity (fuk,spelling). Remember, its fun!! Stay lighthearted about it bro!
      Thanks, NightWinder.

You're right. I'm at the point where I need to start winding and figure out the rest for myself.

Comment

Breaking news:

Machine wound PAFs are best therefore stop what you're doing and get your Duncans, DiMarzios and Bill Lawrence pickups back out.

Just a note to Poorman; you'll not get any mis-information from me. It's not like you're an immediate threat to my business or anything are you?
        This is an experience sharing community. Some people have different experiences to others. Some share, some don't. But the guys who come on here every so often with the intention of spreading their viral mis-information are soon exposed. I don't know who your respected winder chappie is and neither would I be impressed by the revelation of his identity. Remember, no one on this forum has to help you at all but if I spouted some crap in reply to your question, others here would rightly get pretty pissed with me.

If you really want to know the answers and understand the subject, you'll need to get past the bollocks interviews and your first half dozen Stew Mac kits.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
          It's not like you're an immediate threat to my business or anything are you?
          Me a threat? Hardly. I have no interest in entering the business. I have a decent paying gig already. I just find the subject interesting and my goal is to make really good pickups for myself. I'm a tinkerer with a lot of guitars who doesn't want to spend $160 a pop to try to find a pickup I like.

Thanks to all for the info. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

Comment

don't apologise for hijacking a thread , it happens as things go along , what Spence has said is correct , cut through the bollocks ( and there's lots of it on here ) and you will learn heaps , trust nothing but your ears , and remember an expert is someone who knows just that little bit more than you ( or me as the case may be ) the real knowledgable guys very rarely post.....probably sitting at home laughing at all the squabbling etc among the self proclaimed " experts ".

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by mick View Post
              don't apologise for hijacking a thread , it happens as things go along , what Spence has said is correct , cut through the bollocks ( and there's lots of it on here ) and you will learn heaps , trust nothing but your ears , and remember an expert is someone who knows just that little bit more than you ( or me as the case may be ) the real knowledgable guys very rarely post.....probably sitting at home laughing at all the squabbling etc among the self proclaimed " experts ".

Mick
              SO true.... Yes some people will purposely post mis-information to throw someone off, see it as a threat I guess. One guy in particular, who was a member here and left soon after he got here, started his own board, tele wankers anonymous or something like that who became an expert in 6 months

Just take it all in, get a few kits from stewmac and go at it. You can get small half pound rolls of wire from stewmac I think and kits and try different things. And welcome to the forum too......

Comment

"don't apologise for hijacking a thread , it happens as things go along , what Spence has said is correct , cut through the bollocks ( and there's lots of it on here ) and you will learn heaps , trust nothing but your ears , and remember an expert is someone who knows just that little bit more than you ( or me as the case may be ) the real knowledgable guys very rarely post.....probably sitting at home laughing at all the squabbling etc among the self proclaimed " experts ".

Mick

## Sorry , should have read SOME of the real knowledgable guys very rarely post , my apologies to all the knowledgable guys who do post...##

Mick

Comment

Working...
                X