Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How exactly do I wind a singlecoil with a coil split in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly do I wind a singlecoil with a coil split in it?

Hey guys, I tried hunting through the search function for this as Im sure it's been answered a bunch of times but I couldn't find it..

I would like to make some singlecoils (tele/p90s) with a coil split. I understand that there needs to be 1K difference to hear any noticable difference in tone. I'm not quite sure how to actually do this.

Do I wind 1 coil and remove the coating at some point and solder a lead wire onto it then continue the same coil (without a break)?? Or do I have that all wrong?

Any help would be great,

Thanks guys

Dave

Wind to where you want the first tap to be, and then run the wire out. If you are doing a Tele, add a third eyelet. Terminate your wire to the extra eyelet. Then start a new coil on top of that one, with the start of the wire at that eyelet.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Awesome, thankyou so much for the quick reply- You saved me some headaches!

Comment

Working...
      X