Unusual pickup inquires ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual pickup inquires ?

anyone ever get these emails where you can even understand what someone is saying or even if it applies to you
    i got this email about a month ago
    "hey i would trade u my aqustick fer the amp i bought it new not even year ago hard shell case might come with and she got pick up in her and shes cut away paid oveer 400 the name is jasmine made by takmine. wouyld u trade me one of your fenders or do u have old tele u would trdae"
    -first thing im thinking this gentleman has just left the bar !
    -i do have several of my own guitars posted in pictures but not for sale
    - & what amp ?
    - i know nothing about an amp ..........lol
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
    anyone ever get these emails where you can even understand what someone is saying or even if it applies to you
    i got this email about a month ago
    "hey i would trade u my aqustick fer the amp i bought it new not even year ago hard shell case might come with and she got pick up in her and shes cut away paid oveer 400 the name is jasmine made by takmine. wouyld u trade me one of your fenders or do u have old tele u would trdae"
    -first thing im thinking this gentleman has just left the bar !
    -i do have several of my own guitars posted in pictures but not for sale
    - & what amp ?
    - i know nothing about an amp ..........lol
    Oh, dear... Oh my... I'm speechless!
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

Welcome to the modern age. Kids who have grown up with "deferred success" and "no child left behind" are now wandering around surfing the web with smartphones. I see a gradual increase of posts to Craigslist and online forums/blog comments that have clearly been made from a phone and use a truncated "texting" style that seems to go hand in hand with an inability to form coherent thoughts within the message. This style works its way into those people's desktop surfing as well. Poor and/or phonetic spelling is par for the course.

Comment

i agree with that 100%
        thanks sweetfinger
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetfinger View Post
          Welcome to the modern age. Kids who have grown up with "deferred success" and "no child left behind" are now wandering around surfing the web with smartphones. I see a gradual increase of posts to Craigslist and online forums/blog comments that have clearly been made from a phone and use a truncated "texting" style that seems to go hand in hand with an inability to form coherent thoughts within the message. This style works its way into those people's desktop surfing as well. Poor and/or phonetic spelling is par for the course.
          You know what the real motive is behind "No Child Left Behind"? When your kid is in high school, you have to sign a paper that prevents the school from sending failing students info to military recruiters! So they want to keep passing dumb kids until they get to HS, are failing, and then think the military is the only option.

I know this because my son just graduated high school and I made sure I signed those non disclosure forms every year.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I get some funny ones from South America too. All the english was picked up while watching Baywatch reruns or something. pleez excuus mi gammar.

Comment

Working...
            X