Clear All

• WTF? ...Supporting Guitarism Section on Sound Magazine

Anybody else getting this shite?
    Dear Sir,

Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2010 7:06 AM
    To: info@classicamplification.com
    Subject: Supporting Guitarism Section on Sound Magazine

This is Baris SAHIN.

I am an official stuff author of Sound Magazine in TURKIYE. I have my own section is called "Guitarism" which is about guitars, luthiers, pick up makers and related stuff. I also write reviews, too. Sound Magazine is the most selling music technology magazine in TR. As you can see through this link Etna Group the circulation is 10000 and we have over 3500 subscribers including the well known producers, award winning guitar players and recoring studio owners. Moreover i am an admin of GitarPedal.Net which can be considered as Turkish version of Harmony Central where i also write reviews. As an addition i get recalls from national universities to get seminars about guitars on those spesific topics “Electric Guitar Anathomy”, “Electric Guitars”, “Electric Guitar Pickups” and “Modifications of E.Guitars”. You can see the facebook pages of my magazine and my pages "Guitarism" and some links of the posters of the seminars i was in below this page.

I am looking for sponsor companies for my section on annually period.

The commitments that i can get;

Logo Showcase : As you can see from my rough draft logo, there are empty columns on each side. The logo of yours will get placed with your contact info on those columns. The final intro logo of Guitarism will place on the begining of my part and fill the half of the page.
    Seminar Support : I will add the logo of you on my presentions.
    Forum Support : I will introduce the products to the Turkish forums.
    Sound Magazine Reviews : I will make detailed review for Sound Magazine.

For those, my requests from you are;

For annual sponsorship, i request to receive one regular production item for each month. The item will be decided by me in a cooperative way with you. It may be a humbucker for each month. If possible a 5 or 15 watt tube amp for a year.
    A set of pick ups (2 humbuckers or 3 single coil for strats) from your custom shop.
    Any kind of promotional stuff like CD, DVD, catalogs, advertisements, flyers, company publishings (like Fender’s Frontline or PRS Signature magazines), t-shirts…
    For further questions, alternatives, proposals please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Baris SAHIN

Guitarism Section, Sound Magazine

GitarPedal.net - Ana Sayfa

Etna Group

Sound Dergisi | Facebook (Sound Magazine)

Gitarizm Kö (Guitarism Pages)

Gitarizm Kö

Photos from Gitarizm Kö

Photos from Gitarizm Kö

Photos from Gitarizm Kö

Photos from Gitarizm Kö

Geez, does _anyone_ really bite on this kinda shite?

* i request to receive one regular production item for each month....It may be a humbucker for each month.
    * If possible a 5 or 15 watt tube amp for a year.
    * a set of pick ups (2 humbuckers or 3 single coil for strats) from your custom shop.

Yeah, that'll be right!
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

You got your order packed up yet?
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      You got your order packed up yet?
      Terry
      Oh geez, I just ran out of packing tape, dang.
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
        Oh geez, I just ran out of packing tape, dang.
        Staples may still be open!
        And I don't know about you, but my Turkish is a little Rusty!
        Big T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

MMM.... there not asking for much ,
          but then Turkey has over 72 million people
          Canada has over 34 million
          I wonder who buys the most Amps & Pickups
          Last edited by copperheadroads; 10-10-2010, 04:28 AM.
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Camo Tolex & Bobbins might be in order .
            Sorry
            i just could not resist ARRRH

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
              Nobody!!!! goodmorning adam iyi dükkanlar çorap biri işte böyle's

I spend a bit of time out there allthough I am english born C of E and no turkish blood as somebody thought a few years ago when I posted from my other home on the med. Great people great place, but they do not miss a trick to get summat for nothing. Strange really as outside Ankara and Istanbull I have never seen a guitar or amp on sale anywhere. I'll send a couple of e-mails to friends out there and see what it's all about. It is an untapped market and possible sales, but getting stuff for reviews that way is no good.

Comment

The USA?
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Sorry David I meant nobody in Turkey. In fact after all the years spent there I only know one person who actually owns a guitar. I use to get a lot of badges sent to me from the Baltic states in the 80s and 90s asking for pickups, fretwire and all other bits but they stated they could not pay as they lived in closed currencies, but they did pay with other goods such as Bohemian Crystal etc. The guy is probably prepared to advertise our wares and that is his payment in return but it is a large payment for such on a new market.

Comment

I remember those pins from the Shredder's Society of Cracow and the Bluegrass Club of Romania all that! Funny stuff... The guy probably made those things in a state owned jewelry workshop.

I'll have to dig up the Soviet era potentiometers I have somewhere, too... four lugs... probably stolen from a tank factory...

Comment

That same guy contacted me a month ago or so.

I also had a guy in Brazil that emailed me for about two years says he never received his pedal he ordered. Well that is because he never paid for one! After 3 years the same guy emailed me that he needed one for his studio for free.

The one thing like this I responded to was a guy who claimed to be a traveling guitar tech for Nashville based groups. He had his own band and my space site and I figured why not I will give him a pedal. About a week after he got it he said he loved it and wanted another one for free. I said no. He then said he found a used one and it was no problem. Then another week later I notice that there is an Ebay auction for the same pedal I gave this guy where the listing was cut and pasted from my web site. Photos, text, everything. I look at the sellers history and there are a long list of satisfied pedal buyers of brand new boutique effect pedals. It was the same guy and he had scammed a lot of the established boutique makers into giving him a pedal that he resold on ebay in short order.
                      Last edited by JGundry; 10-11-2010, 06:17 PM.
                      They don't make them like they used to... We do.
                      www.throbak.com
                      Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Originally posted by JGundry View Post
                        That same guy contacted me a month ago or so.

I also had a guy in Brazil that emailed me for about two years says he never received his pedal he ordered. Well that is because he never paid for one! After 3 years the same guy emailed me that he needed one for his studio for free.

The one thing like this I responded to was a guy who claimed to be a traveling guitar tech for Nashville based groups. He had his own band and my space site and I figured why not I will give him a pedal. About a week after he got it he said he loved it and wanted another one for free. I said no. He then said he found a used one and it was no problem. Then another week later I notice that there is an Ebay auction for the same pedal I gave this guy where the listing was cut and pasted from my web site. Photos, text, everything. I look at the sellers history and there are a long list of satisfied pedal buyers of brand new boutique effect pedals. It was the same guy and he had scammed a lot of the established boutique makers into giving him a pedal that he resold on ebay in short order.
                        In some weird way I'm glad it's not just me getting these kinds of things.
                        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                          In some weird way I'm glad it's not just me getting these kinds of things.
                          Well, you may feel a bit better to know that I got that Guitarism email today as well then

Basically, I don't see anything wrong with someone looking for partnership, but in this latter case I can't really understand the model this all relly on: how can you write some reviews on some product you directly get "paid" with and partner with ?
                          www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

Comment

Hi there gentlemen
                            This is Baris Sahin who you were mentioning about. I learned this particular thread a bit late due to my tight schedule and couldn’t find much time to keep my eyes on this forum recently.
                            First of all, I was upset about the general approaches to my e-mail. Let me explain why: Since April, I’ve been working on a bunch of article series and interviews about electric guitar pickups. Lindy Fralin, Seymour Duncan, Steve Blucher and a Turkish pickup designer Fatih Yilmaz were the initial guests of my pages. My goal was to prepare the ultimate pickup database which is supported by interviews and reviews. Large companies such as DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan is easy to reach, becuase they have distrubitors here, but when it comes to boutique pickup designers such as many of you is a completely different story. One can’t easily find a guitar loaded with Throbaks or Chavalliers around.
                            I believe any business should advertise and promote itseld one way or another. If you have a product to sell, you have to do that. For instance, recording companies send promo CD's and press releases, and boutique product manifacturers send promotional goods. This is the nature of trading.
                            As I mentioned above, before preparing the ultimate pickup database, I sent THAT e-mail to anyone I could reach. I -as an author of the magazine- (which reaches to hundreds of recording- rehersal studios, producers, musicians, players, performers, cafe shops, bands and thousands of young people and it sells 10,000 issues in every month. But "Sound" reaches much more than that) requested stuff for those articles (custom wound ones) and a possible giveaway promotion for our readers. The purpose of this kind of giveaway promotions are simple: To let the potential customers experience the product in flesh . The cost of one full page advertisement is a few thousands of USD. What I requested costs a lot and lot cheaper investment than that. So, I see it is fair enough from my point of view. You felt yourself suspicious? Then why not ask more information or may be refuse politely. Despite I do understand many of your thoughts, I believe , I really did deserve a polite response espeacially from such people who have enough vision to bring innovations to the market with their knowledge and hard work. I'm pretty sure you’ve been facing many people around the world who ask free stuff and some of those may also be hoax. However , I always belive a little comminucation may solves many problems before they already occured. Plus, it was just an offer. Every one of you might have different rules or way to promote, so the mentioned terms in my email was negotiable in any way.
                            The reason is, the major music genre is a bit different than the western music approach, and the gear market seems limited, but many people rather to shop on ebay or contact the boutique manufacturers by theirselves. Therefore, an undeniable icreasing tendency has been happening on guitar related gear for the last 10 years. It is focused in major cities mostly such as Istanbul (20 million people). It is focused on some certain places like Istiklal Street on Beyoglu and we have 2 or 3 national gear magazines . Of course there are many readers, subscribers of American and/or British guitar&gear magazines as well. Major or boutique companies have been signing with the dealers in Turkey in a growing pace. Many major companies showed their faces in the Turkish market such as PRS, Heritage, Blade, Voodoo Labs, Xotic, Orange, Mesa Boogie etc. The list is too long indeed. On the other hand it’s been only Lindy Fralin who shows up as a boutique pickup
                            I think that very last line of mine concludes the fact that why I’ve been working on those pickup articles and interviews in such devotion.
                            Anyway, if you have any further quesitons about the project, please feel free to ask them here or contact by email, phone etc.

Best Regards,
                            Baris Sahin
                            Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR.

Click Here to Guitarism International Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

Baris Sahin
                              Do you realize how many Spam emails we all get in a day.
                              I get over 50 a day just on a yahoo email address.
                              The Spam filter gets most, but several a day get through anyway.
                              I'm only speaking for myself here.
                              I would like to remind you that this is a discussion Forum.
                              We discuss things. We discuss all aspects of things that concern pickup winding, and pickup Makers.
                              So don't expect to see us tiptoeing around issues that we face daily!
                              Rock&Roll!!!
                              Big T
                              Last edited by big_teee; 10-16-2010, 09:17 PM.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X