Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you guys get your coloured humbucker bobbins from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you guys get your coloured humbucker bobbins from?

Hey guys!

I checked the suppliers in the sticky but I really need to find some red humbucker bobbins. Ive seen the transparent red ones but I need solid coloured ones.

Does anyone have a source?

Cheers,

Dave

Originally posted by davos View Post
    Hey guys!

I checked the suppliers in the sticky but I really need to find some red humbucker bobbins. Ive seen the transparent red ones but I need solid coloured ones.

Does anyone have a source?

Cheers,

Dave
    Don't know what color you are looking for but this link list most of the parts vendors.
    Good Luck,
    Terry
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t5313/
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Thanks, thats too big a quantity but Ill keep my eyes peeled for a group buy or something

Comment

Here's some Transparent Red & Blue, you might try.
        Guitar Pickup Bobbins - Guitar Parts USA
        Good Luck,
        Terry
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Has anything changed in a year and a half??? Has anyone found a source for colored humbucker bobbins?

Comment

Just the usual black, white, creme, and the translucent red and blue, that gibson used one time.
            I'm just glad that we can get those.
            Also another option is to attach a colored piece of plastic to the screw holes on the top of the bobbins.
            T
            Terry

Comment

It's quite easy to dye white plastic with RIT (salt dye). Most plastics take quite well and there are dozens of colors at your local grocery store for $2 a pack.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                It's quite easy to dye white plastic with RIT (salt dye). Most plastics take quite well and there are dozens of colors at your local grocery store for $2 a pack.
                Thanks for that David. Question, do I need to prepare the white plastic bobbins in any way....like scuff them up a bit to accept the dye better?

Comment

Originally posted by nickc35 View Post
                  Thanks for that David. Question, do I need to prepare the white plastic bobbins in any way....like scuff them up a bit to accept the dye better?
                  I hope they dye easier than a Strat P/U Cover.
                  I tried to change the color of a white cover, never did have any luck.
                  So I wouldn't buy up a lot of stuff until you confirm you can in fact dye them!
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

You need to determine the plastic first. The dye is dissolved in hot water which could easily melt lower temp plastics like styrene. There are charts online that will tell you the melting temp for most plastics though you need to subtract a safety factor as many plastics will soften and deform below their melting temps. I know for a fact that the RIT dye works well on Delrin (Acetal) and Nylon which are both higher temp plastics. There is undoubtedly some info online about what methods work with different plastics. I think the most important factor is degreasing with something like TSP-90 in hot water first.

Comment

I ordered 600 from Mojo two or three years ago; that was the minimum quantity as I recall. I'm not so sure that the current staff are as open to helping with this sort of thing, but it might be worth a try. Took two or three months to receive them. Reasonable cost/reasonable timeframe.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I know this is an old thread but if you search eBay for "humbucker bobbins" there is a place that sells non transparent blue, red, and pink bobbins

Comment

Humbucker Pickup Bobbin Blue Color 50mm 1 Slug Side 1 Screw Side High Quality PC | eBay
                          Humbucker Pickup Bobbin HOT Pink 50mm 1 Slug Side 1 Screw Side High Quality PC | eBay
                          Humbucker Screw Side Pickup Bobbin RED Color 49 2mm 2 Pieces High Quality PC | eBay
                          blue, red & hot pink
                          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Yeah, those lol

Comment

Working...
                            X