No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried mags from Cermag? (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried mags from Cermag? (UK)

Hey guys,

I just came accross these guys; Magnets - Cermag Magnetics Home

I did a quick search here and didn't find much on them. Has anyone used them before?

Was just wondering about the quality or service really

Would be great to get anyone's insight.

I'd be looking at mostly mags for buckers

Dave

Hard to say if they have a foundry but judging from their online prices the Alnico material might be coming from China.

Comment

Wal uses ceramic magnets from Cermag.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

They do manufacture in the Uk but Bucker size and Fender single size are not a norm so be prepared to pay over the top for them. I have bought a lot of good ceramics from them in the past but quotes for certain sizes made it easier to buy stock sizes and recut them myself. They cast 250 jazzmaster mags for me a few years ago but at a £1 a piece it was steep. China is still your best bet Bro.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys

I shot him an E-mail asking about humbucker sized mags just before I posted in this thread and still no reply. I'll stick with Mojotone for now then. Thanks again guys!

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X