looking for Alnico 8 rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Alnico 8 rods

Does anyone have Alnico 8 rods in either .187, or .196 (5mm). I looking for about a dozen for tests before I pull the trigger. Will gladly pay cost+ and shipping as well or swap for parts.

bel

Belwar.
    I have some I got a while back from DRH. There might be a dozen. For some reason I never got around to trying them. If you get more I might go in with you. I have every intention of using some eventually.

Comment

DRH?

Would you mind loaning them to me or selling them to me? If they are no good in the pup I make i'll cut them apart and return them to you. If they sound great i'll go in with you for a batch. I'll pm my address to you again and send me a paypal address and i'll send the payment and shipping fees.

bel

Comment

Done deal. I trust your ears more than mine any day.

DRH aka Salvarsan.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

I got some A6 rods a while back from Magnetic Hold. Haven't tried them yet, but may be interested in going in on an A8 rod order, depending on the minimum.

Comment

Zhangliqun,
              I'd love try some of your A6, I can trade you A3 and A4 in .188 x .850".

Comment

I PM'd him too :>

Comment

It's funny that there seems to be so much Alnico 8 love these days.
                  I started doing them in 1998. At the time, there were only two people doing them that I know of. Myself, and Lynn Collins.
                  Nobody had any love for them, despite them being fantastic. They were too different.
                  The magnets were $6 EACH.

I discontinued them around 2003.

Comment

Working...
                  X