Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Jag-Stang Pickups

Hello,
    I bought a '95 or '96 Fender JagStang (Fiesta Red) a couple years ago. I decided on making some pickups for it and the guitar needs a full blown setup, so I'm looking forward to this project.

I noticed the pickup (single coil neck, humbucker bridge) pole pieces really don't line up well and the HB in the bridge is really terrible as far as alignment to the strings. The HB is angled and it appears both sets of pole pieces are quite far off from center. I'm guessing (hoping) Fender didn't ship it like this and someone replaced the pickups with an incorrect set?

As for the pickups: Gonna go nuts with an overwound single coil. I want it beefy and loud. The humbucker I haven't fully decided yet...anyone ever make pickups for this guitar? I'm open to thoughts! (that includes the single coil neck pickup too) This guitar has two three position slide switches so the wiring options out of the box are pretty good. I am not opposed to installing a toggle or slide switch for even more options. This guitar is sort of my alternative/surf/grunge guitar so that is what my pickups are going to shoot for.

Thanks,
    Tom
Working...
X