Holly mollie.... Check these out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holly mollie.... Check these out

YouTube - Best Guitar Pickup on the planet. The DUPLICATOR 9000!
    These can do it all ..WERE ALL DONE FOR
    Maybe i will go outside & get some sunlight
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Wait...where's Mollie in that vid? I'm assuming she has big thingies I can check out?

Comment

Either that guy is stupid or that is the biggest pickup makers in-joke I've ever seen...

Comment

That's hilarious.

You have all seen Spinal Tap, have you not?

And the YouTube "Shreds" series, right?

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
          Either that guy is stupid or that is the biggest pickup makers in-joke I've ever seen...
          That guy is our own Wolfe, maker of Wolfetone p'ups and one of the most knowledgeable people I know.

It IS a joke...
          Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
          Milano, Italy

Comment

And its a good one.

Comment

Ah, good. With all the eBay auctions that people post up here, there are a lot of things that I'd WISH were jokes but are quite real, so I had my doubts.

I appreciate the video a lot more knowing that. My blood pressure went down a bit, too. Perhaps the funniest part is that he isn't going over the top with it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
                Perhaps the funniest part is that he isn't going over the top with it at all.
                You have a high threshold for "over the top."

Honestly, I was waiting for "Wait! That's not all you get: these fine Ginsu knives and aluminum bowls are yours in the bargain. NOW how much would you pay?!"
                "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post

Honestly, I was waiting for "Wait! That's not all you get: these fine Ginsu knives and aluminum bowls are yours in the bargain. NOW how much would you pay?!"
                  You don't remember some of the stupid things people have been posting on here from eBay stores and the like? Who was that guy that was selling the $800 p-100s? The one with the horrible spelling? I really wanted that one to be fake, but...... alas, it seemed real.

Comment

Haha......Mordor Gollum P-U Co.

Comment

Does that come with a Sham Wow?
                      T
                      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                      Terry

Comment

I think it's great that Wolfe utterly nailed the greatest cause of cynicism in selling pickups.

Wouldn't it be nice if ("WIBNI") all you needed to say was, "Decide what you like in a pickup. Get one from us. It won't make you a rock star but you'll have more fun making music."

Of course, how many of us figure out what we want?

Ever?
                        "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

I think it's great that Wolfe utterly nailed the greatest cause of cynicism in selling pickups.
                          Thanks!

Yes guys, it was a joke. I'm poking fun at the state of our niche, hopefully with a BIG stick. I tire of the endless claims of "Buy this, and nail the Duane/Page/Eddie/Whoever" claims, whether they are outrigth claims, or implied. Aside from playing technique, "Nailing" a tone is primarily the fuction of amp, pedals, EQ, doubletracking, and mastering. A pickup can ONLY impart a vaugely similar signal for the same chain to "see" in order to "nail" that tone.

Now...figure out which of those section was the real deal. The pickups in the guitar are my Dr. Vintage, by the way.

Comment

Wolfe, my favorite is the end bit, where you put the guitar on the chair and walk off-camera saying "these pickups can even play themselves" and the guitar starts rippin' Cliffs Of Dover.

I'm voting for you for "Best Video" next Sunday! ...now where's that wee gold statue, it was here a minute ago.
                            -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                              Wolfe, my favorite is the end bit, where you put the guitar on the chair and walk off-camera saying "these pickups can even play themselves" and the guitar starts rippin' Cliffs Of Dover.

I'm voting for you for "Best Video" next Sunday! ...now where's that wee gold statue, it was here a minute ago.
                              Yep, that was the Dr.Vintage!

Kidding aside, there were no actual clips of the guitar in that vid.

Comment

Working...
                              X