No announcement yet.

How many here blocked at LP forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, did you test the post-editing time limit on any of your old posts?

fwiw, gibson DOES fund the site, though they do it indirectly. they force the "select" dealers into taking HUGE bites on inventory through a practice known as channel stuffing. (i know one dealer who was coerced into taking a million-dollar bite one year.) then the dealers have to find a way unload a million dollars worth of inventory, either by advertising on the forum or by moving the gear laterally to other dealers in the gray market. to advertise your gear on the LPF you have to pay to play. if you're aware of what's really going on its not at all hard to connect the dots.

BTW: hall monitor? its been a long time since I've enjoyed such a good metaphor.
    Last edited by bob p; 03-26-2007, 09:45 PM.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I just edited a post I did over two years ago. The actual date was 02-16-05.
      www.tonefordays.com

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
        fwiw, gibson DOES fund the site, though they do it indirectly. they force the "select" dealers into taking HUGE bites on inventory through a practice known as channel stuffing. (i know one dealer who was coerced into taking a million-dollar bite one year.) then the dealers have to find a way unload a million dollars worth of inventory, either by advertising on the forum or by moving the gear laterally to other dealers in the gray market. to advertise your gear on the LPF you have to pay to play. if you're aware of what's really going on its not at all hard to connect the dots.
        I think you're confusing LPF with Gibson's official fan board or some other place.

Gibson forces ALL their dealers into taking huge bites of inventory in order to remain a dealer, which has nothing to do with LPF, because you have to do this in order to remain a Gibson dealer -- whether you advertise at LPF or not. Therefore it follows that any Gibson dealer who advertises at LPF (or anywhere else) is going to be following this rule, making the dots you're trying to connect unconnectable beyond coincidence.

The Gibson shindig where they wined and dined LPF'ers was just that -- some ol' fashioned politics/brown-nosing to say to LPF "Come on guys, see we're not so bad, quit giving us such a hard time."

Comment

as it turns out i'm not mistaken, but i'm too lazy to debate the issue. i really don't care enough about the LPF to spend any more time on this, so i'll let you win on any LPF related topic you'd like to win on.

as far as how gibson treats dealers is concerned, its a fact that gibson does not treat all dealers the same. gibson dealers are rewarded with inventory selection based upon their level of investment. the best guitars go to the dealers who pay the most. that's what the whole "emerald" tier is all about, and its why you'll only find the finest flametops at a few select dealers (coincidentally, they're the same ones who advertise at the LPF) and not at the average joe's local guitar store.
          "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Gibson has been effectively purging mom-and-pops from dealer status for a long time. They do it via the way you just described -- giving them standards for the minimum amount of Gibson guitars and goodies that they know the mom-and-pops can't afford. That purge is still underway so technically, you're right -- there are some Gibson dealers that are getting better treatment than others, the ones they're not trying to get rid of.

We've been wondering at LPF what they're up to with that for some time (and we don't like it) and one of the more popular theories is that maybe they are trying to turn what Gibson dealers they do have into de facto Gibson outlets, or "Gibson lifestyle" stores like Harley Davidson. But who knows?

Comment

Back in the day the LPF was pretty cool. Remember SG Dick and all the other Dick usernames he had.(I think his name was krieg) That guy used to crack me up till he got banned. (like many others) Its definitely different now.

Comment

I heard that Lily banned Spose;now thats cold.BTW,all the network banning comes via Cogswell,not Lily.She gives the OK but he is the nerd that does the dirty deed and hides behind her.

Comment

She banned Spose? Thats her boyfriend.

Brutal, just brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by markeymark View Post
                    Back in the day the LPF was pretty cool. Remember SG Dick and all the other Dick usernames he had.(I think his name was krieg) That guy used to crack me up till he got banned. (like many others) Its definitely different now.
                    You're right, he was Krieg. He was one of my favorites too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                      You're right, he was Krieg. He was one of my favorites too.
                      The good old days.
                      Remember Big Al? WTF WTF WTF!

Comment

Cool new LP forum. http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/

Comment

cool....

man its about time someone else did this, I noticed they have no FAQs on commercial manufacturers being there so emailed them to see what the rules are.
                          http://www.SDpickups.com
                          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Wagners already there. It appears to be ok..

Comment

new rules....

Alex is the webmaster, I asked if I could put my website as a sig and register in my real name. He said its fine just don't spam the weblist, kinda same rules as here. Cool, huh?
                              http://www.SDpickups.com
                              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by markeymark View Post
                                The good old days.
                                Remember Big Al? WTF WTF WTF!
                                I miss Big Al too. He was one of the masters of the Troll Stomp.

Comment

Working...
                                X