Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Travis Bean Bridge Pickup. Quadcoils pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travis Bean Dies at 63

Innovative Luthier Travis Bean Dies at 63 - Premier Guitar
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

OMG
      I just had a Travis Bean in to restor it to its original finish (an unusual white one). Handed it over to its owner (a maniac Travis Bean diciple) just a few days ago. Life is strange with those odd timing things that happens all the time...

Comment

Hello!

I didn't see that you have replied! Sorry for that...I put in a corner this project for a time but at the end of the tunnel I'm still here thinking about it.
        Anyway thanks for your support.

Some ideas that I realized:

1) Maybe it's better have the standard output of the guitar for the Bridge pickup and an additional output that take the signal of the 3 lowest strings from the Neck pickup. I rarely use it so I thought that could be a good idea use it in this way. Maybe it's more simple make a pickup like this.
        2) I don't want touch the original pickup or open it for preserve it. Everything is glued from the inside with silicon. It' isn't easy open it without damage, I'm scared to do this
        The original neck pickup seems to have the bobbins screwed into the steel baseplate from the bottom-to-top sense.
        The steel baseplate must be isolated from the bobbins? I'm thinking to make the bobbins with circuit board material.
        3) I know that original Travis Bean pickup are made with fender style bobbins. Are they different from the standard size?
        4) Is reasonable made 2 coils with 3 poles (just for the 3 lowest strings) wired like a humbucker. The magnet must be of the same measure of the coils or I can use standard one?
        5) Any suggestions about the number of the turns for every coil?

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X