• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alnico and bobbin question ?

Hi
    I am stay in thailand , I just want to know that
    1. "Alnico 5" and "bobbin" Where's I can buy? If not Stewmac.com
    2. "Alnoco 5" from Stewmac.com must be charge before?
    Thanx for ans.

Here are a couple more stores where you can get some supplies. I don't know if they ship internationally.

www.allparts.com

www.guitarpartsusa.com
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Don't they have AlNiCo mines in Thailand?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai alnico miner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	810748

But seriously, you should be looking to China or Hong Kong in your area. I am aware that you may not wish, or be able to trade with China so the other alternative is Korea or Japan.
      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by realpickup View Post
        Hi
        I am stay in thailand , I just want to know that
        1. "Alnico 5" and "bobbin" Where's I can buy? If not Stewmac.com
        2. "Alnoco 5" from Stewmac.com must be charge before?
        Thanx for ans.
        Also I know you have to charge the rod magnets they sell but not sure about the bars?
        I have the earth magnets they sell for charging and they work just fine with the rod magnets

Comment

All the guys I found in China and Hong Kong and a minimum order of 5000 in bar mags and 20,000 in rods. I ended up ordering 20,000 rods that are 5mm by 18mm. I'm selling the extras off for half of what stewmac charges if you are interested.

Comment

The bar magnets from Stew Mac are shipped charged unlike the rod magnets.
            I come from Asia too but can' get any headway in trying to order from Korea, China or Japan. This is largely due to minimum orders they require which are too big for me to handle. I am just a hobbyist trying to wind for myself and some aquiantances.

I was in Japan last October and it was kind of funny that sales people who work in guitar stores don't know much about the stuff they are selling. A guy didn't even know that Fernandez guitars are made in Japan. He had to check a catalogue to verify what I told him. This was in Osaka. Hence, I am hesitant to have stuff shipped to me. I might not get what I ordered.

Comment

Working...
            X