Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What in the world could these things be??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--- this must be a popular thread... I 'wonder' who else has been stopping by?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorX View Post
      Material found at the bottom of a huge pile of scrap metal salvaged from a tool and die shop that went out of business years ago. Photos taken before entire lot hauled away for scrap. There were thousands of the items in the last photo.

I wonder what they could be.....

Dr. X
      What ever happened to the photos that were attached to this thread? All I see when I visit this thread is a grey box with "attached thumbnails" displayed where the actual thumbnails used to be. Can someone please let me know how to view these photos, if they are still available?

Thanks,

Dr X

Comment

The site had a major loss of stored files.
        Consider them gone.

Comment

How much was lost? I mean, does the loss include posts and threads from years ago? Were any of the lost files archived at all?

Supreme bummer. If unrecoverable, it represents a huge loss for the community.

Thanks,

Dr. X

Comment

There was a date range of posted files that got 'lost'.
            Not too sure , sometime between early 2010 & May of 2013.
            If anyone needs a repost and any member has the file, we have been resizing them & reposting them.
            It is an archived file thing.
            No posts themselves have been wiped.
            Yes, it truly was a major gaff by the site admin that the files were not 'backed up'.
            And a royal PITA as far as reposting goes.
            Sh*t happens, I guess.
            Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 09-18-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X