found in the 'scrap pile'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found in the 'scrap pile'

While cleaning out our shop / warehouse and sending the scrap metal and plastic for scrap / recycling / etc., discovered was a box of cream colored plastic colorant. This box was shipped to the "long since closed tool and die shop" and the colorant was contained in small bags like those used for coffee, etc. The colorant would then be mixed with raw plastic pellets and used in their injection molders for "undisclosed cream-colored products" intended for a well known pickup manufacturer. Whether these were sample bags of colorant or production quantities is not known. I do know that a little goes a long way, but what ratio of color to plastic used back then is not known.

What to do.....what to do? The garbage pail is real close by...but so is the vault.

EDIT -- well, there have been 66 views of this message since I posted it so far, so let me set you lurkers at ease. NO - I am not going to sell, ship, or give the large box of colorant to anyone. NO - I have no intention of using it. NO - I will not discuss, reveal, divulge, disseminate, convey, transmit or cause to be discussed, revealed, divulged, disseminated, conveyed, or transmitted any markings on any package contained within the box, or on the surface of the box itself. (Tip of the hat to MA, wherever you are -- the best legalese writer I have ever had the misfortune of 'upsetting'. Important safety tip: don't run afoul of MA --- ever. There is no escape.)
    Last edited by DoctorX; 06-09-2011, 08:03 PM. Reason: I friggin' hate run-on sentences...sorry.

Oh, by the way, for the folks in the audience, I can say that the individual bags are labeled 'peach' -for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Working...
    X